The New Orleans Pelicans (16-28) visit the New York Knicks (22-23) after losing five straight road games. The Knicks are favored by just 2.5 points in the contest, which tips at 7:30 PM ET on Thursday, January 20, 2022. The over/under for the matchup is set at 210.5.
Knicks vs. Pelicans Predictions
Knicks vs. Pelicans Betting Odds
Knicks vs. Pelicans Last 10 Games
- New York covered the spread six times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 5-5 record straight-up in those games.
- New York’s last 10 contests saw four hit the over.
- The Knicks’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 209.5 points scored. That’s 1.0 fewer point than this contest’s over/under.
- During the last 10 games, the Knicks are scoring 3.8 points less per game compared to their season average.
- New Orleans covered the spread five times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 4-6 record straight-up in those games.
- New Orleans and its opponents have hit the over in four of the past 10 games.
- The past 10 Pelicans games averaged 9.6 more points (220.1) than this matchup’s over/under.
- In their last 10 games, the Pelicans have a 107.5 points-per-game average, 2.0 points above their season-long scoring average.
Knicks vs. Pelicans Betting Trends
- New York has covered the spread 22 times over 45 games with a set spread.
- The Knicks have an ATS record of 10-12 when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites.
- Games involving New York have hit the over 19 times this season.
- This season, the Knicks have a 43.8% shooting percentage from the field, which is 3.1% lower than the 46.9% of shots the Pelicans’ opponents have knocked down.
- New York has a 9-2 record against the spread and a 9-2 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 46.9% from the field.
- New Orleans is 20-24-0 against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 2.5-point underdogs or more, the Pelicans have an ATS record of 14-18.
- This season, New Orleans’ games have hit the over 19 times.
- The Pelicans are shooting 43.7% from the field, 0.2% lower than the 43.9% the Knicks’ opponents have shot this season.
- New Orleans has compiled a 12-6 record against the spread and a 10-8 straight up record in games it shoots over 43.9% from the field.
Knicks vs. Pelicans Over/Under Trends
- A total of 23 New York games this season have gone over Thursday’s over/under of 210.5 points.
- In New Orleans’ 44 games this season, 26 have finished with more combined scoring than Thursday’s total of 210.5.
- The total for the contest of 210.5 is 0.7 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Knicks (104.3 points per game) and the Pelicans (105.5 points per game).
- The 214.7 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 4.2 more than the 210.5 total in this contest.
- The Knicks have seen a 211.9 average over/under in their games this season, 1.4 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- A difference of 6.1 points separates the average total points bet in Pelicans’ games (216.6 points) and this game’s over/under (210.5 points).
Knicks Team Leaders
- Julius Randle: 19.1 PTS, 10.1 REB, 5.1 AST, 41.5 FG%, 31.1 3PT% (74-for-238)
- RJ Barrett: 16.9 PTS, 41.5 FG%, 35.4 3PT% (74-for-209)
- Alec Burks: 11.5 PTS, 1.2 STL, 38.6 FG%, 40.0 3PT% (82-for-205)
- Mitchell Robinson: 8.2 PTS, 8.1 REB, 1.5 BLK, 78.6 FG%
- Evan Fournier: 13.9 PTS, 42.2 FG%, 39.5 3PT% (118-for-299)
Pelicans Team Leaders
- Jonas Valanciunas: 18.4 PTS, 12.0 REB, 52.2 FG%, 42.4 3PT% (42-for-99)
- Brandon Ingram: 22.7 PTS, 5.2 AST, 44.3 FG%, 34.1 3PT% (57-for-167)
- Josh Hart: 13.1 PTS, 7.5 REB, 51.5 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (35-for-105)
- Devonte’ Graham: 13.8 PTS, 36.7 FG%, 35.5 3PT% (123-for-346)
- Nickeil Alexander-Walker: 12.8 PTS, 37.1 FG%, 31.3 3PT% (82-for-262)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.