The Boston Celtics (23-22) are 4.5-point favorites as they attempt to continue a four-game home win streak when they host the Charlotte Hornets (24-20) on Wednesday, January 19, 2022 at TD Garden. The game airs at 7:30 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is 220.5.
Celtics vs. Hornets Predictions
Celtics vs. Hornets Betting Odds
Celtics vs. Hornets Last 10 Games
- Boston has a 7-3 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- Boston’s last 10 outings saw six go over the total.
- The Celtics’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 212.5 points scored. That’s 8.0 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- In the last 10 games, the Celtics are scoring 0.1 points more per game compared to their season average.
- Charlotte has a 7-3 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- Charlotte and its opponents have hit the over in three of the past 10 games.
- The Hornets’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 228.6 points scored. That’s 8.1 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Hornets have scored 1.4 fewer points per contest compared to their 114.5 PPG season-long scoring average.
Celtics vs. Hornets Betting Trends
- Boston is 22-22-1 against the spread this season.
- The Celtics have an ATS record of 8-10 when playing as at least 4.5-point favorites.
- Games involving Boston have hit the over 20 times this season.
- The Celtics are shooting 44.7% from the field this season, 1.8 percentage points lower than the 46.5% the Hornets allow to opponents.
- In games Boston shoots higher than 46.5% from the field, it is 13-4-1 against the spread and 13-5 overall.
- Charlotte is 27-17-0 against the spread this season.
- The Hornets have an ATS record of 10-6 when playing as at least 4.5-point underdogs.
- Charlotte games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 23 times this season.
- The Hornets are shooting 46.2% from the field, 2.2% higher than the 44.0% the Celtics’ opponents have shot this season.
- Charlotte has compiled a 19-7 record against the spread and a 16-10 straight up record in games it shoots above 44.0% from the field.
Celtics vs. Hornets Over/Under Trends
- A total of 16 Boston games this season have gone over Wednesday’s over/under of 220.5 points.
- A total of 28 of Charlotte’s games finished with a combined score over 220.5 points this season.
- The total for the matchup of 220.5 is 1.6 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Celtics (107.6 points per game) and the Hornets (114.5 points per game).
- The 220.5 points these two squads have combined to allow on average this season is equal to the over/under in this contest.
- This season the average total for Celtics games is 213.4 points, 7.1 fewer than the over/under of 220.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 5.4 points separates the average total points bet in Hornets’ games (225.9 points) and this matchup’s over/under (220.5 points).
Celtics Team Leaders
- Jayson Tatum: 25.5 PTS, 8.6 REB, 41.9 FG%, 32.3 3PT% (109-for-337)
- Jaylen Brown: 24.2 PTS, 1.1 STL, 45.9 FG%, 36.9 3PT% (87-for-236)
- Marcus Smart: 11.6 PTS, 5.3 AST, 1.9 STL, 39.3 FG%, 30.4 3PT% (55-for-181)
- Al Horford: 10.8 PTS, 7.4 REB, 1.4 BLK, 44.2 FG%, 28.5 3PT% (43-for-151)
- Dennis Schroder: 15.9 PTS, 44.0 FG%, 35.0 3PT% (55-for-157)
Hornets Team Leaders
- Miles Bridges: 20.0 PTS, 7.3 REB, 1.1 STL, 48.0 FG%, 32.5 3PT% (83-for-255)
- LaMelo Ball: 19.4 PTS, 7.2 REB, 7.6 AST, 1.7 STL, 42.1 FG%, 36.9 3PT% (100-for-271)
- Gordon Hayward: 17.3 PTS, 46.9 FG%, 39.1 3PT% (79-for-202)
- Terry Rozier: 18.4 PTS, 1.2 STL, 43.4 FG%, 37.8 3PT% (104-for-275)
- Kelly Oubre Jr.: 16.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 45.8 FG%, 37.3 3PT% (116-for-311)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.