The Phoenix Suns (32-9) visit the San Antonio Spurs (16-27) after winning five road games in a row. The Suns are favored by 4.5 points in the contest, which begins at 8:30 PM ET on Monday, January 17, 2022. The matchup has a point total of 224.5.
Suns vs. Spurs Predictions
Suns vs. Spurs Betting Odds
Suns vs. Spurs Last 10 Games
- Phoenix covered the spread six times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- The final score of the last 10 Phoenix games has gone over the set total five times.
- The last 10 Suns games averaged 221.5 total points, 3.0 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- In the past 10 games, the Suns are scoring 2.6 points more per game compared to their season average.
- San Antonio has a 2-8 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread three times in those games.
- San Antonio’s past 10 outings saw five hit the over.
- The last 10 Spurs games averaged 223.6 total points, 0.9 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- Across their last 10 games, the Spurs have scored 3.3 fewer points per contest compared to their 110.6 PPG season-long scoring average.
Suns vs. Spurs Betting Trends
- Phoenix has covered the spread 23 times in 42 games with a set spread.
- The Suns have an ATS record of 14-14 when playing as at least 4.5-point favorites.
- Phoenix’s games have gone over the total 20 times out of 42 chances this season.
- The Suns make 47.2% of their shots from the field this season, which is 1.0 percentage point higher than the Spurs have allowed to their opponents (46.2%).
- Phoenix has a 16-9 record against the spread and a 23-2 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 46.2% from the field.
- San Antonio has registered a 23-20-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Spurs are 13-6 ATS when playing as at least 4.5-point underdogs.
- Games involving San Antonio have hit the over 22 times this season.
- The Spurs are shooting 46.1% from the field, 2.6% higher than the 43.5% the Suns’ opponents have shot this season.
- San Antonio has put together a 19-9 record against the spread and a 14-14 straight up record in games it shoots higher than 43.5% from the field.
Suns vs. Spurs Over/Under Trends
- This season, 12 of Phoenix’s 42 games have gone over Monday’s total of 224.5 points.
- A total of 19 of San Antonio’s games ended with a combined score over 224.5 points this season.
- The Suns average 111.8 points per game against the Spurs’ 110.6, amounting to 2.1 points under the game’s total of 224.5.
- The 215.5 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 9.0 fewer than the 224.5 over/under in this contest.
- On average, the over/under in Suns games is 5.4 points fewer than the over/under of 224.5 points in this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 4.0 points more than the average over/under in Spurs’ games this season (220.5 points).
Suns Team Leaders
- Chris Paul: 13.6 PTS, 9.8 AST, 1.9 STL, 47.5 FG%, 32.2 3PT% (39-for-121)
- Devin Booker: 23.0 PTS, 43.7 FG%, 40.9 3PT% (92-for-225)
- Deandre Ayton: 16.5 PTS, 10.6 REB, 63.3 FG%, 25.0 3PT% (2-for-8)
- Mikal Bridges: 11.9 PTS, 1.2 STL, 51.2 FG%, 39.1 3PT% (59-for-151)
- Cameron Johnson: 11.9 PTS, 45.8 FG%, 43.8 3PT% (99-for-226)
Spurs Team Leaders
- Dejounte Murray: 19.1 PTS, 8.3 REB, 8.9 AST, 2.1 STL, 44.8 FG%, 32.9 3PT% (53-for-161)
- Derrick White: 14.6 PTS, 5.4 AST, 1.2 STL, 42.8 FG%, 30.2 3PT% (60-for-199)
- Jakob Poeltl: 12.1 PTS, 8.9 REB, 1.5 BLK, 59.0 FG%
- Keldon Johnson: 14.9 PTS, 45.7 FG%, 44.5 3PT% (65-for-146)
- Lonnie Walker IV: 11.7 PTS, 39.4 FG%, 30.0 3PT% (60-for-200)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.