The New York Knicks (22-21) host the Charlotte Hornets (23-20) after winning five straight home games. The Knicks are favored by only 1.5 points in the contest, which tips at 1:00 PM ET on Monday, January 17, 2022. The over/under for the matchup is 217.5.
Knicks vs. Hornets Predictions
Knicks vs. Hornets Betting Odds
Knicks vs. Hornets Last 10 Games
- New York has a 7-3 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- The final score of the past 10 New York games has exceeded the set total three times.
- The Knicks’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 209.1 points scored. That’s 8.4 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Knicks’ per-game scoring average across their past 10 games is 4.8 points lower than their season-long average.
- Charlotte covered the spread seven times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- Charlotte and its opponents have hit the over in three of the past 10 games.
- The Hornets’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 230.2 points scored. That’s 12.7 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Hornets are scoring at a rate of 114.9 PPG, the same as their season-long scoring average.
Knicks vs. Hornets Betting Trends
- New York has covered the spread 21 times in 43 games with a set spread.
- In games this season when favored by 1.5 points or more, the Knicks have gone 13-11 against the spread.
- This season, New York’s games have hit the over 18 times.
- The Knicks are shooting 43.8% from the field this season, 2.8 percentage points lower than the 46.6% the Hornets allow to opponents.
- New York has a 10-2 record against the spread and a 10-2 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 46.6% from the field.
- Charlotte has compiled a 26-17-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Hornets have an ATS record of 18-13 when playing as at least 1.5-point underdogs.
- Charlotte games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 23 times this year.
- The Hornets’ 46.3% shooting percentage from the field this season is 2.4 percentage points higher than the Knicks have given up to their opponents (43.9%).
- Charlotte is 20-7 against the spread and 17-10 overall when it shoots higher than 43.9% from the field.
Knicks vs. Hornets Over/Under Trends
- This season, New York and its opponents have combined to outscore Monday’s over/under of 217.5 points 12 times.
- This season, 30 of Charlotte’s games have ended with a score higher than 217.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 219.5 points per game, 2.0 points more than the over/under of 217.5 for this contest.
- These two teams give up a combined 220.1 points per game, 2.6 more than this contest’s over/under.
- This season the average total for Knicks games is 211.8 points, 5.7 fewer than the over/under of 217.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 8.7 points fewer than the average over/under in Hornets’ games this season (226.2 points).
Knicks Team Leaders
- Julius Randle: 19.1 PTS, 10.1 REB, 5.0 AST, 41.6 FG%, 31.3 3PT% (71-for-227)
- Alec Burks: 11.9 PTS, 1.3 STL, 39.1 FG%, 40.9 3PT% (81-for-198)
- RJ Barrett: 16.9 PTS, 41.8 FG%, 35.7 3PT% (70-for-196)
- Mitchell Robinson: 8.2 PTS, 8.2 REB, 1.6 BLK, 78.9 FG%
- Evan Fournier: 13.7 PTS, 42.0 FG%, 39.1 3PT% (111-for-284)
Hornets Team Leaders
- LaMelo Ball: 19.4 PTS, 7.2 REB, 7.6 AST, 1.7 STL, 42.1 FG%, 36.9 3PT% (100-for-271)
- Miles Bridges: 19.6 PTS, 7.2 REB, 1.1 STL, 47.3 FG%, 31.7 3PT% (78-for-246)
- Gordon Hayward: 17.3 PTS, 47.2 FG%, 39.2 3PT% (76-for-194)
- Terry Rozier: 18.3 PTS, 1.2 STL, 43.4 FG%, 37.9 3PT% (100-for-264)
- Kelly Oubre Jr.: 16.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 45.8 FG%, 37.3 3PT% (116-for-311)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.