The Phoenix Suns (32-9) are heavy favorites (-12) as they attempt to build on a four-game road winning streak when they take on the Detroit Pistons (10-31) on Sunday, January 16, 2022 at Little Caesars Arena. The contest airs at 1:00 PM ET. The over/under is set at 214 for the matchup.
Suns vs. Pistons Predictions
Suns vs. Pistons Betting Odds
Suns vs. Pistons Last 10 Games
- Phoenix covered the spread five times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- Phoenix’s last 10 outings saw five hit the over.
- The Suns’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 221.5 points scored. That’s 7.5 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- In their past 10 games, the Suns have a points-per-game average 0.2 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Detroit has a 5-5 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- Detroit and its opponents have combined to hit the over in four of the past 10 games.
- The Pistons’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 220.1 points scored. That’s 6.1 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- In the past 10 games, the Pistons are scoring 103.8 points per game compared to their 101.3 season average.
Suns vs. Pistons Betting Trends
- Phoenix has covered the spread 22 times over 41 games with a set spread.
- The Suns have an ATS record of 1-1 when playing as at least 12-point favorites.
- This season, Phoenix’s games have hit the over 19 times.
- The Suns are shooting 47.2% from the field this season, 0.2 percentage points higher than the 47.0% the Pistons allow to opponents.
- Phoenix has a 15-8 record against the spread and a 21-2 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 47.0% from the field.
- Detroit has registered a 20-21-0 record against the spread this year.
- The Pistons have an ATS record of 2-4 when playing as at least 12-point underdogs.
- Detroit games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 20 times this year.
- Detroit has put together an 11-3 record against the spread and a 6-8 straight up record in games it shoots higher than 43.5% from the field.
Suns vs. Pistons Over/Under Trends
- A total of 24 Phoenix games this season have gone over Sunday’s over/under of 214 points.
- In Detroit’s 41 games this season, 19 have finished with more combined scoring than Sunday’s over/under of 214.
- The Suns average 111.8 points per game against the Pistons’ 101.3, totaling 0.9 points under the matchup’s over/under of 214.
- The 215.2 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 1.2 more than the 214 total in this contest.
- This season, the average total for Suns games is 219.2 points, 5.2 more than the over/under of 214 points for this contest.
- A difference of 1.9 points separates this game’s over/under (214 points) and the average total points bet in Pistons’ games (212.1 points) this season.
Suns Team Leaders
- Chris Paul: 14.0 PTS, 10.0 AST, 2.0 STL, 47.5 FG%, 32.2 3PT% (39-for-121)
- Devin Booker: 23.7 PTS, 43.7 FG%, 40.9 3PT% (92-for-225)
- Deandre Ayton: 17.1 PTS, 11.0 REB, 63.3 FG%, 25.0 3PT% (2-for-8)
- Mikal Bridges: 12.2 PTS, 1.2 STL, 51.2 FG%, 39.1 3PT% (59-for-151)
- Cameron Johnson: 11.9 PTS, 45.8 FG%, 43.8 3PT% (99-for-226)
Pistons Team Leaders
- Saddiq Bey: 15.2 PTS, 38.1 FG%, 33.1 3PT% (96-for-290)
- Cade Cunningham: 15.5 PTS, 5.3 AST, 1.3 STL, 39.0 FG%, 32.1 3PT% (70-for-218)
- Hamidou Diallo: 10.8 PTS, 1.3 STL, 52.0 FG%, 26.9 3PT% (14-for-52)
- Isaiah Stewart: 7.6 PTS, 8.0 REB, 1.3 BLK, 52.7 FG%, 10.5 3PT% (2-for-19)
- Trey Lyles: 9.4 PTS, 44.1 FG%, 28.8 3PT% (32-for-111)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.