The Dallas Mavericks (23-19) host the Orlando Magic (8-35) after winning three home games in a row. The Mavericks are heavy favorites by 10.5 points in the matchup, which begins at 9:30 PM ET on Saturday, January 15, 2022. The matchup has an over/under set at 208 points.
Mavericks vs. Magic Predictions
Mavericks vs. Magic Betting Odds
Mavericks vs. Magic Last 10 Games
- Dallas covered the spread seven times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 8-2 record straight-up in those games.
- Twice in those 10 games, the final combined score has exceeded the set total.
- The last 10 Mavericks games averaged 214.3 total points, 6.3 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- In their past 10 games, the Mavericks have a points-per-game average 2.1 points above their season-long scoring average.
- Orlando has a 1-9 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Orlando games have exceeded the set total six times.
- The past 10 Magic games averaged 7.3 more points (215.3) than this matchup’s over/under.
- In the past 10 games, the Magic are scoring 104.0 points per game compared to their 102.1 season average.
Mavericks vs. Magic Betting Trends
- Dallas is 21-21-0 against the spread this season.
- The Mavericks have yet to cover a spread when playing as at least 10.5-point favorites (0-1).
- Games involving Dallas have hit the over 13 times this season.
- The Mavericks are shooting 45.2% from the field this season, 0.8 percentage points lower than the 46.0% the Magic allow to opponents.
- In games Dallas shoots better than 46.0% from the field, it is 11-6 against the spread and 14-3 overall.
- Orlando is 20-23-0 against the spread this year.
- In games they were an underdog in by 10.5 points or more so far this year, the Magic have gone 8-6 against the spread.
- Games involving Orlando have hit the over 22 times this season.
- The Magic’s 42.6% shooting percentage from the field this season is 2.8 percentage points lower than the Mavericks have allowed to their opponents (45.4%).
- Orlando is 5-5 against the spread and 3-7 overall when it shoots better than 45.4% from the field.
Mavericks vs. Magic Over/Under Trends
- Dallas and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (208 points) 21 times this season.
- In Orlando’s 43 games this season, 27 have finished with more combined scoring than Saturday’s point total of 208.
- Together, the two teams combine for 207.5 points per game, 0.5 points fewer than the point total of 208 for this game.
- This matchup’s over/under is 5.9 fewer points than the 213.9 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- The Mavericks have seen a 214.5 average over/under in their games this season, 6.5 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- A difference of 5.2 points separates the average total points bet in Magic’s games (213.2 points) and this matchup’s over/under (208 points).
Mavericks Team Leaders
- Luka Doncic: 24.8 PTS, 8.5 REB, 8.9 AST, 1.1 STL, 43.9 FG%, 30.1 3PT% (65-for-216)
- Jalen Brunson: 16.0 PTS, 5.7 AST, 50.0 FG%, 33.6 3PT% (42-for-125)
- Kristaps Porzingis: 20.6 PTS, 8.0 REB, 1.7 BLK, 45.1 FG%, 28.2 3PT% (40-for-142)
- Dorian Finney-Smith: 10.5 PTS, 1.2 STL, 45.2 FG%, 37.6 3PT% (79-for-210)
- Tim Hardaway Jr.: 14.5 PTS, 39.4 FG%, 32.8 3PT% (88-for-268)
Magic Team Leaders
- Franz Wagner: 15.7 PTS, 45.5 FG%, 35.8 3PT% (54-for-151)
- Wendell Carter Jr.: 13.1 PTS, 10.3 REB, 48.9 FG%, 33.1 3PT% (46-for-139)
- Mohamed Bamba: 10.1 PTS, 8.4 REB, 2.1 BLK, 44.8 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (41-for-123)
- Terrence Ross: 12.8 PTS, 41.4 FG%, 31.2 3PT% (53-for-170)
- Gary Harris: 11.9 PTS, 44.7 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (64-for-176)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.