The Minnesota Timberwolves (20-20) visit the New Orleans Pelicans (14-26) after winning three road games in a row. The Timberwolves are favored by 3.5 points in the matchup, which starts at 8:00 PM ET on Tuesday, January 11, 2022. The matchup has an over/under set at 227.5 points.
Timberwolves vs. Pelicans Predictions
Timberwolves vs. Pelicans Betting Odds
Timberwolves vs. Pelicans Last 10 Games
- Minnesota has a 5-5 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- The final score of the past 10 Minnesota games has surpassed the set total six times.
- The past 10 Timberwolves games averaged 8.0 fewer points (219.5) than this matchup’s over/under.
- In the last 10 games, the Timberwolves are scoring 2.5 points more per game compared to their season average.
- New Orleans has a 5-5 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 New Orleans games have gone over the set total six times.
- The last 10 Pelicans games averaged 217.4 total points, 10.1 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Pelicans have scored 3.4 more points per contest compared to their 105.2 PPG season-long scoring average.
Timberwolves vs. Pelicans Betting Trends
- Minnesota has put together a record of 22-18-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 3.5 points or more so far this season, the Timberwolves went 5-5 against the spread.
- This season, 21 of Minnesota’s games have gone over the point total.
- This season, the Timberwolves have a 43.7% shooting percentage from the field, which is 3.2% lower than the 46.9% of shots the Pelicans’ opponents have made.
- Minnesota is 10-0 against the spread and 10-0 overall when it shoots better than 46.9% from the field.
- New Orleans is 18-22-0 against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 3.5-point underdogs or more, the Pelicans have an ATS record of 13-15.
- This season, New Orleans’ games have hit the over 18 times.
- The Pelicans’ 43.4% shooting percentage from the field this season is the same as the Timberwolves have given up to their opponents.
- New Orleans is 10-4 against the spread and 8-6 overall when it shoots better than 44.7% from the field.
Timberwolves vs. Pelicans Over/Under Trends
- Minnesota and its opponents have combined to hit the over on Tuesday’s over/under of 227.5 points 16 times this season.
- This season, 11 of New Orleans’ games have finished with a combined score higher than 227.5 points.
- The Timberwolves average 109.6 points per game against the Pelicans’ 105.2, amounting to 12.7 points under the matchup’s point total of 227.5.
- This game’s total is 8.6 fewer points than the 218.9 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- The Timberwolves have seen a 220.5 average over/under in their games this season, 7.0 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 11.3 points separates this game’s over/under (227.5 points) and the average total points bet in Pelicans’ games (216.2 points) this season.
Timberwolves Team Leaders
- Karl-Anthony Towns: 24.5 PTS, 9.3 REB, 1.2 BLK, 51.4 FG%, 42.5 3PT% (77-for-181)
- Anthony Edwards: 22.2 PTS, 1.6 STL, 44.1 FG%, 36.6 3PT% (108-for-295)
- D’Angelo Russell: 18.7 PTS, 6.9 AST, 39.8 FG%, 34.5 3PT% (88-for-255)
- Jarred Vanderbilt: 6.6 PTS, 9.3 REB, 1.5 STL, 57.0 FG%, 20.0 3PT% (2-for-10)
- Malik Beasley: 12.4 PTS, 36.9 FG%, 33.7 3PT% (118-for-350)
Pelicans Team Leaders
- Jonas Valanciunas: 18.6 PTS, 12.1 REB, 52.2 FG%, 42.7 3PT% (38-for-89)
- Brandon Ingram: 22.5 PTS, 44.3 FG%, 32.9 3PT% (48-for-146)
- Devonte’ Graham: 14.0 PTS, 37.2 FG%, 36.0 3PT% (113-for-314)
- Josh Hart: 12.9 PTS, 7.4 REB, 51.6 FG%, 34.1 3PT% (31-for-91)
- Nickeil Alexander-Walker: 13.3 PTS, 36.9 FG%, 31.2 3PT% (77-for-247)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.