The Toronto Raptors (19-17) are 6.5-point favorites as they attempt to build on a five-game winning streak when they host the New Orleans Pelicans (14-25) on Sunday, January 9, 2022 at Scotiabank Arena. The game airs at 6:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 220.5.
Raptors vs. Pelicans Predictions
Raptors vs. Pelicans Betting Odds
Raptors vs. Pelicans Last 10 Games
- Toronto is 7-3 overall and 9-1-0 against the spread in its past 10 contests.
- In each of those games, the final combined score has surpassed the set total.
- The Raptors’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 214.6 points scored. That’s 5.9 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Raptors’ per-game scoring average over their past 10 games is 10.1 points higher than their season-long average.
- New Orleans is 6-4 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread over its last 10 games.
- The final scores of the last 10 New Orleans games have surpassed the set total seven times.
- The last 10 Pelicans games averaged 216.5 total points, 4.0 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- The Pelicans’ per-game scoring average over their last 10 games is 109.8, 4.5 points higher than their season-long per-game average.
Raptors vs. Pelicans Betting Trends
- Toronto has registered a 20-16-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 6.5 points or more so far this season, the Raptors went 5-3 against the spread.
- Toronto’s games have gone over the total 23 times this season.
- This season, the Raptors have a 44.1% shooting percentage from the field, which is 2.9% lower than the 47.0% of shots the Pelicans’ opponents have knocked down.
- Toronto has a 5-4 record against the spread and a 6-3 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 47.0% from the field.
- New Orleans has covered the spread 17 times over 39 games with a set spread.
- In games they were an underdog in by 6.5 points or more so far this year, the Pelicans went 6-10 against the spread.
- This season, New Orleans’ games have hit the over 18 times.
- The Pelicans have shot at a 43.4% rate from the field this season, 2.3 percentage points less than the 45.7% shooting opponents of the Raptors have averaged.
- This season, New Orleans has a 6-3 record against the spread and a 6-3 record overall in games the team collectively shoots higher than 45.7% from the field.
Raptors vs. Pelicans Over/Under Trends
- Toronto and its opponents have combined to outscore Sunday’s total of 220.5 points 15 times this season.
- This season, 15 of New Orleans’ games have ended with a score higher than 220.5 points.
- The over/under for the game of 220.5 is 6.9 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Raptors (108.3 points per game) and the Pelicans (105.3 points per game).
- This matchup’s total is 3.4 fewer points than the 217.1 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- On average, the over/under in Raptors games is 7.5 points fewer than the over/under of 220.5 points in this matchup.
- The over/under for this contest is 4.4 points more than the average over/under in Pelicans’ games this season (216.1 points).
Raptors Team Leaders
- Fred VanVleet: 21.7 PTS, 6.8 AST, 1.6 STL, 44.4 FG%, 40.5 3PT% (122-for-301)
- Scottie Barnes: 14.9 PTS, 8.1 REB, 1.1 STL, 48.7 FG%, 32.4 3PT% (23-for-71)
- Gary Trent Jr.: 16.4 PTS, 1.9 STL, 42.1 FG%, 36.8 3PT% (89-for-242)
- Pascal Siakam: 20.3 PTS, 8.3 REB, 47.9 FG%, 32.1 3PT% (25-for-78)
- OG Anunoby: 19.4 PTS, 1.7 STL, 43.9 FG%, 36.9 3PT% (55-for-149)
Pelicans Team Leaders
- Jonas Valanciunas: 18.6 PTS, 11.9 REB, 52.0 FG%, 43.0 3PT% (37-for-86)
- Brandon Ingram: 22.6 PTS, 5.0 AST, 44.3 FG%, 32.6 3PT% (47-for-144)
- Josh Hart: 12.9 PTS, 7.4 REB, 51.6 FG%, 34.1 3PT% (31-for-91)
- Devonte’ Graham: 14.1 PTS, 1.1 STL, 37.3 FG%, 35.9 3PT% (110-for-306)
- Nickeil Alexander-Walker: 13.4 PTS, 36.7 FG%, 31.1 3PT% (76-for-244)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.