The Orlando Magic (7-32) will look to break a seven-game losing streak when they hit the road to take on the Detroit Pistons (7-30) on Saturday, January 8, 2022 at Little Caesars Arena as only 2.5-point underdogs. The contest airs at 7:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 210.5 points.
Pistons vs. Magic Predictions
Pistons vs. Magic Betting Odds
Pistons vs. Magic Last 10 Games
- Detroit is 3-7 overall and 4-6-0 against the spread in its last 10 contests.
- Detroit’s past 10 outings saw five go over the total.
- The past 10 Pistons games averaged 6.7 more points (217.2) than this matchup’s point total.
- Over the past 10 games, the Pistons are scoring 2.4 points more per game compared to their season average.
- Orlando has a 2-8 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- Orlando’s past 10 outings saw six go over the total.
- The past 10 Magic games averaged 1.0 more point (211.5) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their past 10 games, the Magic have scored 2.0 more points per contest compared to their 101.9 PPG season-long scoring average.
Pistons vs. Magic Betting Trends
- Detroit has covered the spread 17 times this season (17-20-0).
- In games they have played as 2.5-point favorites or more, the Pistons have an ATS record of 1-1.
- This season, Detroit’s games have hit the over 19 times.
- The Pistons make 41.4% of their shots from the field this season, which is 4.8 percentage points lower than the Magic have allowed to their opponents (46.2%).
- In games Detroit shoots higher than 46.2% from the field, it is 5-1 against the spread and 3-3 overall.
- Orlando has gone 17-22-0 against the spread this season.
- In games this season when an underdog by 2.5 points or more, the Magic are 17-22 against the spread.
- Orlando games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 20 times this season.
- The Magic’s 42.7% shooting percentage from the field this season is the same as the Pistons have given up to their opponents.
- Orlando is 3-4 against the spread and 2-5 overall when it shoots higher than 47.5% from the field.
Pistons vs. Magic Over/Under Trends
- This season, 19 of Detroit’s 37 games have gone over Saturday’s over/under of 210.5 points.
- In Orlando’s 39 games this season, 23 have finished with more combined scoring than Saturday’s point total of 210.5.
- The point total for the game of 210.5 is 7.5 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Pistons (101.1 points per game) and the Magic (101.9 points per game).
- This game’s total is 12.1 fewer points than the 222.6 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- This season, the average total for Pistons games is 211.5 points, 1.0 more than the over/under of 210.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 2.3 points fewer than the average over/under in Magic’s games this season (212.8 points).
Pistons Team Leaders
- Saddiq Bey: 14.8 PTS, 37.0 FG%, 32.1 3PT% (84-for-262)
- Cade Cunningham: 15.3 PTS, 5.4 AST, 1.3 STL, 38.6 FG%, 31.8 3PT% (62-for-195)
- Jerami Grant: 20.1 PTS, 1.1 STL, 1.1 BLK, 41.4 FG%, 33.1 3PT% (42-for-127)
- Isaiah Stewart: 7.9 PTS, 8.4 REB, 1.1 BLK, 53.0 FG%, 15.4 3PT% (2-for-13)
- Hamidou Diallo: 10.5 PTS, 1.2 STL, 52.2 FG%, 25.0 3PT% (11-for-44)
Magic Team Leaders
- Wendell Carter Jr.: 13.1 PTS, 10.3 REB, 48.9 FG%, 33.1 3PT% (46-for-139)
- Franz Wagner: 15.8 PTS, 1.1 STL, 45.3 FG%, 36.9 3PT% (52-for-141)
- Mohamed Bamba: 10.2 PTS, 8.5 REB, 2.1 BLK, 45.9 FG%, 34.2 3PT% (40-for-117)
- Terrence Ross: 12.1 PTS, 40.5 FG%, 30.2 3PT% (45-for-149)
- Gary Harris: 11.2 PTS, 44.9 FG%, 35.5 3PT% (49-for-138)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.