The Los Angeles Lakers (20-19) are only 2-point favorites as they attempt to build on a three-game home win streak when they take on the Atlanta Hawks (17-20) on Friday, January 7, 2022 at Staples Center. The contest airs at 10:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 225 points.
Lakers vs. Hawks Predictions
Lakers vs. Hawks Betting Odds
Lakers vs. Hawks Last 10 Games
- Los Angeles is 4-6 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread over its last 10 games.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have combined to hit the over in six of those 10 games.
- The Lakers’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 224.1 points scored. That’s 0.9 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Lakers have a points-per-game average 0.4 points above their season-long scoring average.
- Atlanta covered the spread four times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 4-6 record straight-up in those games.
- Atlanta and its opponents have hit the over in five of the past 10 games.
- The last 10 Hawks games averaged 218.6 total points, 6.4 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Hawks’ per-game scoring average over their past 10 games is 110.4, 0.7 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Lakers vs. Hawks Betting Trends
- Los Angeles has registered a 17-22-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 2 points or more so far this season, the Lakers have gone 10-14 against the spread.
- Los Angeles’ games have gone over the total 21 times this season.
- This season, the Lakers have a 46.6% shooting percentage from the field, which is the same percentage of shots the Hawks’ opponents have hit.
- Los Angeles has a 13-10 record against the spread and a 17-6 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 46.6% from the field.
- Atlanta has registered a 15-22-0 record against the spread this year.
- In games this year when an underdog by 2 points or more, the Hawks are 3-9 against the spread.
- This year, Atlanta’s games have hit the over 19 times.
- The Hawks’ 46.2% shooting percentage from the field this season is 1.6 percentage points higher than the Lakers have given up to their opponents (44.6%).
- Atlanta is 13-9 against the spread and 14-8 overall when it shoots better than 44.6% from the field.
Lakers vs. Hawks Over/Under Trends
- Los Angeles and its opponents have combined to outscore Friday’s over/under (225 points) 18 times this season.
- There have been 18 Atlanta games that have finished with a combined score higher than 225 points this season.
- The Lakers average 111.3 points per game against the Hawks’ 111.1, totaling 2.6 points under the matchup’s total of 225.
- This matchup’s total is 2.0 fewer points than the 223 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- On average, the over/under in Lakers games is 4.2 points fewer than the over/under of 225 points in this matchup.
- A difference of 5.0 points separates this matchup’s over/under (225 points) and the average total points bet in Hawks’ games (220.0 points) this season.
Lakers Team Leaders
- Russell Westbrook: 19.5 PTS, 8.1 REB, 8.1 AST, 1.2 STL, 45.2 FG%, 30.0 3PT% (42-for-140)
- LeBron James: 28.6 PTS, 7.4 REB, 6.5 AST, 1.7 STL, 1.1 BLK, 52.0 FG%, 37.0 3PT% (80-for-216)
- Anthony Davis: 23.3 PTS, 9.9 REB, 1.2 STL, 2.0 BLK, 52.1 FG%, 17.9 3PT% (10-for-56)
- Carmelo Anthony: 13.3 PTS, 42.9 FG%, 39.0 3PT% (92-for-236)
- Malik Monk: 11.6 PTS, 47.7 FG%, 38.4 3PT% (68-for-177)
Hawks Team Leaders
- Trae Young: 28.4 PTS, 9.5 AST, 46.0 FG%, 38.1 3PT% (93-for-244)
- Clint Capela: 11.9 PTS, 13.1 REB, 1.5 BLK, 57.4 FG%
- John Collins: 17.6 PTS, 7.9 REB, 1.2 BLK, 54.9 FG%, 42.7 3PT% (44-for-103)
- Cameron Reddish: 12.7 PTS, 1.1 STL, 40.7 FG%, 38.2 3PT% (58-for-152)
- Kevin Huerter: 11.3 PTS, 47.0 FG%, 36.6 3PT% (52-for-142)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.