The Dallas Mavericks (20-18) will look to build on a four-game win streak when they visit the Houston Rockets (11-28) on Friday, January 7, 2022 at Toyota Center as just 2-point favorites. The game airs at 8:00 PM ET. The matchup’s over/under is set at 216.5.
Mavericks vs. Rockets Predictions
Mavericks vs. Rockets Betting Odds
Mavericks vs. Rockets Last 10 Games
- Dallas has a 6-4 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- Dallas and its opponents have combined to hit the over in four of those 10 games.
- The Mavericks’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 213.6 points scored. That’s 2.9 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Mavericks have a points-per-game average 1.6 points above their season-long scoring average.
- Houston is 2-8-0 against the spread and 2-8 overall over its last 10 contests.
- The final scores of the last 10 Houston games have gone over the set total eight times.
- The Rockets’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 224.0 points scored. That’s 7.5 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Rockets have scored 4.1 more points per contest compared to their 107.5 PPG season-long scoring average.
Mavericks vs. Rockets Betting Trends
- Dallas has compiled an 18-20-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Mavericks are 9-8 ATS when playing as at least 2-point favorites.
- Games involving Dallas have hit the over 12 times this season.
- The Mavericks are shooting 44.7% from the field this season, 2.0 percentage points lower than the 46.7% the Rockets allow to opponents.
- Dallas is 8-3 against the spread and 9-2 overall when it shoots higher than 46.7% from the field.
- Houston is 17-21-1 against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 2-point underdogs or more, the Rockets have an ATS record of 14-19-1.
- Games involving Houston have hit the over 22 times this season.
- The Rockets are shooting 45.1% from the field, 0.6% lower than the 45.7% the Mavericks’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Houston has a 13-4 record against the spread and a 10-7 record overall in games the team collectively shoots higher than 45.7% from the field.
Mavericks vs. Rockets Over/Under Trends
- This season, Dallas and its opponents have combined to outscore Friday’s total of 216.5 points nine times.
- This season, 26 games Houston played finished with a combined score higher than 216.5 points.
- The Mavericks average 104.9 points per game against the Rockets’ 107.5, totaling 4.1 points under the game’s total of 216.5.
- This matchup’s over/under is 2.4 fewer points than the 218.9 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- This season the average total for Mavericks games is 214.5 points, 2.0 fewer than the over/under of 216.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 4.4 points separates the average total points bet in Rockets’ games (220.9 points) and this game’s over/under (216.5 points).
Mavericks Team Leaders
- Luka Doncic: 25.0 PTS, 8.0 REB, 8.8 AST, 1.2 STL, 44.3 FG%, 31.8 3PT% (62-for-195)
- Jalen Brunson: 16.0 PTS, 5.5 AST, 49.0 FG%, 33.6 3PT% (40-for-119)
- Kristaps Porzingis: 20.6 PTS, 8.0 REB, 1.7 BLK, 45.1 FG%, 28.2 3PT% (40-for-142)
- Dorian Finney-Smith: 10.5 PTS, 1.3 STL, 44.7 FG%, 38.0 3PT% (73-for-192)
- Tim Hardaway Jr.: 14.6 PTS, 39.2 FG%, 32.9 3PT% (78-for-237)
Rockets Team Leaders
- Christian Wood: 16.9 PTS, 10.4 REB, 47.4 FG%, 33.7 3PT% (56-for-166)
- Jae’Sean Tate: 12.5 PTS, 48.8 FG%, 29.0 3PT% (29-for-100)
- Eric Gordon: 14.7 PTS, 49.4 FG%, 45.6 3PT% (78-for-171)
- Alperen Sengun: 9.0 PTS, 50.0 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (12-for-39)
- Kenyon Martin Jr.: 8.1 PTS, 53.2 FG%, 31.1 3PT% (19-for-61)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.