The New York Knicks (18-19) host the Boston Celtics (18-19) at Madison Square Garden on Thursday, January 6, 2022 at 7:30 PM ET. The oddsmakers see an even contest, listing the matchup as a pick ’em.
Knicks vs. Celtics Predictions
Knicks vs. Celtics Betting Odds
Knicks vs. Celtics Last 10 Games
- New York has a 6-4 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- New York’s past 10 contests saw four hit the over.
- During their past 10 games, the Knicks have a points-per-game average 2.9 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Boston covered the spread five times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 4-6 record straight-up in those games.
- Boston’s last 10 outings saw five hit the over.
- In their past 10 games, the Celtics have a 106.9 points-per-game average, 1.3 points below their season-long scoring average.
Knicks vs. Celtics Betting Trends
- New York has gone 17-21-0 against the spread this season.
- New York’s games have gone over the total 16 times out of 38 chances this season.
- The Knicks are shooting 43.7% from the field this season, 0.4 percentage points lower than the 44.1% the Celtics allow to opponents.
- New York has an 11-6 record against the spread and an 11-6 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 44.1% from the field.
- Boston is 19-18-1 against the spread this year.
- This year, Boston’s games have hit the over 16 times out of 38 chances.
- The Celtics have shot at a 44.3% rate from the field this season, 0.5 percentage points above the 43.8% shooting opponents of the Knicks have averaged.
- Boston has put together a 14-6-1 record against the spread and a 13-8 straight up record in games it shoots over 43.8% from the field.
Knicks Team Leaders
- Julius Randle: 19.6 PTS, 10.1 REB, 42.3 FG%, 32.7 3PT% (65-for-199)
- Alec Burks: 11.8 PTS, 1.2 STL, 40.5 FG%, 40.7 3PT% (70-for-172)
- RJ Barrett: 14.9 PTS, 40.6 FG%, 34.0 3PT% (54-for-159)
- Evan Fournier: 12.7 PTS, 40.8 FG%, 36.6 3PT% (90-for-246)
- Mitchell Robinson: 7.2 PTS, 7.7 REB, 1.6 BLK, 76.5 FG%
Celtics Team Leaders
- Jayson Tatum: 24.9 PTS, 8.4 REB, 41.7 FG%, 32.9 3PT% (92-for-280)
- Marcus Smart: 11.2 PTS, 5.3 AST, 1.9 STL, 39.4 FG%, 28.5 3PT% (45-for-158)
- Al Horford: 11.4 PTS, 7.7 REB, 1.6 BLK, 43.8 FG%, 29.0 3PT% (36-for-124)
- Dennis Schroder: 15.9 PTS, 42.8 FG%, 33.1 3PT% (44-for-133)
- Robert Williams III: 9.7 PTS, 8.6 REB, 1.8 BLK, 74.4 FG%
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.