The New Orleans Pelicans (13-25) will attempt to stop a three-game losing streak when they host the Golden State Warriors (29-7) on Thursday, January 6, 2022 at Smoothie King Center as 6.5-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 8:00 PM ET. The matchup’s over/under is set at 220.
Warriors vs. Pelicans Predictions
Warriors vs. Pelicans Betting Odds
Warriors vs. Pelicans Last 10 Games
- Golden State covered the spread five times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- Golden State’s last 10 games saw five hit the over.
- The past 10 Warriors games averaged 4.7 fewer points (215.3) than this matchup’s point total.
- During their past 10 games, the Warriors have scored 4.9 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- New Orleans has a 5-5 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- New Orleans’ past 10 outings saw seven hit the over.
- The past 10 Pelicans games averaged 2.6 fewer points (217.4) than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Pelicans’ per-game scoring average over their past 10 games is 109.4, 4.0 points higher than their season-long per-game average.
Warriors vs. Pelicans Betting Trends
- Golden State has covered the spread in a matchup 22 times this season (22-14-1).
- In games this season when favored by 6.5 points or more, the Warriors are 9-5-1 against the spread.
- Golden State games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 12 times out of 37 chances this season.
- The Warriors make 47.3% of their shots from the field this season, which is 0.2 percentage points higher than the Pelicans have allowed to their opponents (47.1%).
- In games Golden State shoots better than 47.1% from the field, it is 16-3-1 against the spread and 20-0 overall.
- New Orleans is 16-22-0 against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 6.5-point underdogs or more, the Pelicans have an ATS record of 6-10.
- This year, New Orleans’ games have hit the over 18 times.
- New Orleans has put together a 14-8 record against the spread and a 12-10 straight up record in games it shoots higher than 42.6% from the field.
Warriors vs. Pelicans Over/Under Trends
- Golden State and its opponents have combined to go over Thursday’s total of 220 points 12 times this season.
- A total of 15 of New Orleans’ games ended with a combined score over 220 points this season.
- The over/under for the game of 220 is 3.3 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Warriors (111.3 points per game) and the Pelicans (105.4 points per game).
- This game’s point total is 7.8 fewer points than the 212.2 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- This season the average total for Warriors games is 218.5 points, 1.5 fewer than the over/under of 220 points for this contest.
- A difference of 3.8 points separates this contest’s over/under (220 points) and the average total points bet in Pelicans’ games (216.2 points) this season.
Warriors Team Leaders
- Stephen Curry: 26.4 PTS, 5.9 AST, 1.4 STL, 42.7 FG%, 39.3 3PT% (179-for-455)
- Draymond Green: 8.1 PTS, 7.7 REB, 7.5 AST, 1.4 STL, 1.2 BLK, 54.3 FG%, 29.3 3PT% (12-for-41)
- Andrew Wiggins: 18.5 PTS, 49.0 FG%, 43.5 3PT% (74-for-170)
- Jordan Poole: 17.5 PTS, 45.4 FG%, 34.8 3PT% (80-for-230)
- Kevon Looney: 5.8 PTS, 54.8 FG%
Pelicans Team Leaders
- Jonas Valanciunas: 18.9 PTS, 12.0 REB, 52.3 FG%, 44.0 3PT% (37-for-84)
- Brandon Ingram: 22.2 PTS, 43.7 FG%, 32.9 3PT% (46-for-140)
- Devonte’ Graham: 14.3 PTS, 1.1 STL, 37.8 FG%, 36.7 3PT% (109-for-297)
- Josh Hart: 12.9 PTS, 7.4 REB, 52.0 FG%, 34.9 3PT% (30-for-86)
- Nickeil Alexander-Walker: 13.5 PTS, 36.8 FG%, 31.3 3PT% (75-for-240)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.