The Oklahoma City Thunder (13-23) are 8.5-point underdogs as they look to break a three-game road slide when they take on the Minnesota Timberwolves (17-20) on Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at Target Center. The matchup airs at 8:00 PM ET.
Timberwolves vs. Thunder Predictions
Timberwolves vs. Thunder Betting Odds
Timberwolves vs. Thunder Last 10 Games
- Minnesota covered the spread eight times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 5-5 record straight-up in those games.
- The final score of the last 10 Minnesota games has surpassed the set total six times.
- During their past 10 games, the Timberwolves have a points-per-game average 0.8 points above their season-long scoring average.
- Oklahoma City covered the spread eight times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 5-5 record straight-up in those games.
- Oklahoma City’s past 10 games saw four hit the over.
- In their last 10 games, the Thunder have a 103.1 points-per-game average, 3.3 points above their season-long scoring average.
Timberwolves vs. Thunder Betting Trends
- Minnesota has covered the spread 20 times in 37 games with a set spread.
- The Timberwolves are winless against the spread when they have played as 8.5-point favorites or more (0-1).
- Minnesota games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 19 times this season.
- The Timberwolves are shooting 43.2% from the field this season, 1.0 percentage point lower than the 44.2% the Thunder allow to opponents.
- In games Minnesota shoots higher than 44.2% from the field, it is 14-3 against the spread and 12-5 overall.
- Oklahoma City has registered a 23-13-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games this year when an underdog by 8.5 points or more, the Thunder are 10-6 against the spread.
- This season, 14 of Oklahoma City’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Thunder have shot at a 41.4% clip from the field this season, 3.6 percentage points fewer than the 45.0% shooting opponents of the Timberwolves have averaged.
- This season, Oklahoma City has a 6-2 record against the spread and a 5-3 record overall in games the team collectively shoots higher than 45.0% from the field.
Timberwolves Team Leaders
- Karl-Anthony Towns: 24.5 PTS, 9.1 REB, 1.1 BLK, 51.0 FG%, 42.6 3PT% (72-for-169)
- Anthony Edwards: 22.3 PTS, 1.5 STL, 43.8 FG%, 35.8 3PT% (96-for-268)
- D’Angelo Russell: 18.7 PTS, 6.7 AST, 38.3 FG%, 33.5 3PT% (79-for-236)
- Malik Beasley: 12.9 PTS, 37.8 FG%, 34.7 3PT% (114-for-329)
- Jarred Vanderbilt: 6.0 PTS, 8.6 REB, 1.5 STL, 55.9 FG%, 20.0 3PT% (2-for-10)
Thunder Team Leaders
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander: 22.7 PTS, 5.2 AST, 41.8 FG%, 28.4 3PT% (55-for-194)
- Josh Giddey: 11.0 PTS, 7.3 REB, 6.4 AST, 39.0 FG%, 26.1 3PT% (30-for-115)
- Luguentz Dort: 16.3 PTS, 39.8 FG%, 31.3 3PT% (79-for-252)
- Darius Bazley: 8.9 PTS, 1.3 BLK, 38.8 FG%, 29.0 3PT% (31-for-107)
- Jeremiah Robinson-Earl: 7.5 PTS, 42.4 FG%, 34.9 3PT% (37-for-106)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.