The Charlotte Hornets (19-19) host the Detroit Pistons (7-28) in a matchup of Southeast Division teams at Spectrum Center, starting at 7:00 PM ET on Wednesday, January 5, 2022. The Pistons are 10-point underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season.
Hornets vs. Pistons Predictions
Hornets vs. Pistons Betting Odds
Hornets vs. Pistons Last 10 Games
- Charlotte has a 4-6 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- The final score of the past 10 Charlotte games has surpassed the set total four times.
- Over the last 10 games, the Hornets are scoring 2.4 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Detroit is 3-7 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread over its past 10 contests.
- Detroit’s last 10 games saw six go over the total.
- Over their past 10 games, the Pistons have a 105.3 points-per-game average, 4.2 points above their season-long scoring average.
Hornets vs. Pistons Betting Trends
- Charlotte has registered a 22-16-0 record against the spread this season.
- This season, 21 of Charlotte’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Hornets make 46.2% of their shots from the field this season, which is 0.9 percentage points lower than the Pistons have allowed to their opponents (47.1%).
- Charlotte has a 13-3 record against the spread and an 11-5 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 47.1% from the field.
- Detroit has registered a 17-18-0 record against the spread this year.
- The Pistons are 6-4 ATS when playing as at least 10-point underdogs.
- This season, 18 of Detroit’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Pistons are shooting 41.5% from the field, 5.3% lower than the 46.8% the Hornets’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Detroit has a 3-0 record against the spread and a 2-1 record overall in games the team collectively shoots above 46.8% from the field.
Hornets Team Leaders
- LaMelo Ball: 19.6 PTS, 7.3 REB, 7.6 AST, 1.8 STL, 42.5 FG%, 38.6 3PT% (88-for-228)
- Miles Bridges: 19.6 PTS, 7.3 REB, 1.2 STL, 47.3 FG%, 30.9 3PT% (67-for-217)
- Gordon Hayward: 17.2 PTS, 46.1 FG%, 38.8 3PT% (66-for-170)
- Kelly Oubre Jr.: 16.2 PTS, 1.1 STL, 45.5 FG%, 36.7 3PT% (105-for-286)
- Terry Rozier: 17.6 PTS, 1.2 STL, 42.7 FG%, 37.2 3PT% (80-for-215)
Pistons Team Leaders
- Saddiq Bey: 15.3 PTS, 37.7 FG%, 32.7 3PT% (80-for-245)
- Cade Cunningham: 15.4 PTS, 5.3 AST, 1.3 STL, 38.9 FG%, 31.8 3PT% (56-for-176)
- Isaiah Stewart: 7.9 PTS, 8.4 REB, 1.1 BLK, 53.1 FG%, 15.4 3PT% (2-for-13)
- Hamidou Diallo: 10.5 PTS, 1.3 STL, 52.6 FG%, 26.8 3PT% (11-for-41)
- Trey Lyles: 8.5 PTS, 43.1 FG%, 30.0 3PT% (27-for-90)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.