The San Antonio Spurs (14-21) will attempt to stop a four-game losing streak when they visit the Boston Celtics (18-19) on Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at TD Garden as 8.5-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 7:30 PM ET.
Celtics vs. Spurs Predictions
Celtics vs. Spurs Betting Odds
Celtics vs. Spurs Last 10 Games
- Boston has a 5-5 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- Boston and its opponents have combined to hit the over in five of those 10 games.
- The Celtics’ per-game scoring average during their last 10 games is 0.7 points higher than their season-long average.
- San Antonio covered the spread five times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 4-6 record straight-up in those games.
- San Antonio’s past 10 outings saw seven hit the over.
- The Spurs’ per-game scoring average during their past 10 games is 118.4, 6.9 points higher than their season-long per-game average.
Celtics vs. Spurs Betting Trends
- Boston has covered the spread 19 times in 37 games with a set spread.
- The Celtics have an ATS record of 1-2 when playing as at least 8.5-point favorites.
- Games involving Boston have hit the over 16 times this season.
- This season, the Celtics have a 44.3% shooting percentage from the field, which is 1.6% lower than the 45.9% of shots the Spurs’ opponents have hit.
- In games Boston shoots higher than 45.9% from the field, it is 11-2-1 against the spread and 10-4 overall.
- San Antonio has put together a record of 20-16-0 against the spread this year.
- The Spurs are a perfect 2-0 ATS when playing as at least 8.5-point underdogs.
- Games involving San Antonio have hit the over 19 times out of 36 chances this year.
- The Spurs’ 46.8% shooting percentage from the field this season is 2.7 percentage points higher than the Celtics have allowed to their opponents (44.1%).
- This season, San Antonio has a 16-8 record against the spread and an 11-13 record overall in games the team collectively shoots higher than 44.1% from the field.
Celtics Team Leaders
- Jayson Tatum: 25.6 PTS, 8.6 REB, 41.7 FG%, 32.9 3PT% (92-for-280)
- Marcus Smart: 11.5 PTS, 5.5 AST, 1.9 STL, 39.4 FG%, 28.5 3PT% (45-for-158)
- Al Horford: 11.8 PTS, 7.9 REB, 1.6 BLK, 43.8 FG%, 29.0 3PT% (36-for-124)
- Jaylen Brown: 24.3 PTS, 1.2 STL, 45.6 FG%, 36.0 3PT% (64-for-178)
- Dennis Schroder: 16.5 PTS, 42.8 FG%, 33.1 3PT% (44-for-133)
Spurs Team Leaders
- Dejounte Murray: 17.8 PTS, 8.4 REB, 8.8 AST, 2.0 STL, 43.8 FG%, 34.1 3PT% (43-for-126)
- Derrick White: 14.1 PTS, 5.5 AST, 1.2 STL, 42.3 FG%, 29.0 3PT% (53-for-183)
- Keldon Johnson: 14.5 PTS, 45.8 FG%, 44.9 3PT% (53-for-118)
- Jakob Poeltl: 11.8 PTS, 8.2 REB, 1.4 BLK, 59.8 FG%
- Lonnie Walker IV: 11.2 PTS, 40.0 FG%, 31.2 3PT% (53-for-170)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.