The Houston Rockets (10-23) visit the Charlotte Hornets (17-17) after losing three straight road games. The Hornets are favored by 7 points in the matchup, which starts at 7:00 PM ET on Monday, December 27, 2021. The matchup has a point total of 235.5.
Hornets vs. Rockets Predictions
Hornets vs. Rockets Betting Odds
Hornets vs. Rockets Last 10 Games
- Charlotte covered the spread seven times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 4-6 record straight-up in those games.
- The final score of the last 10 Charlotte games has exceeded the set total six times.
- The past 10 Hornets games averaged 9.7 fewer points (225.8) than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Hornets’ per-game scoring average during their last 10 games is 0.1 points higher than their season-long average.
- Houston has a 3-7 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Houston games have surpassed the set total eight times.
- The last 10 Rockets games averaged 221.8 total points, 13.7 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Rockets’ per-game scoring average across their last 10 games is 110.4, 3.6 points higher than their season-long per-game average.
Hornets vs. Rockets Betting Trends
- Charlotte has put together a 20-14-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Hornets have yet to cover the spread when playing as at least 7-point favorites (0-1).
- This season, 20 of Charlotte’s games have gone over the point total.
- This season, the Hornets have a 45.8% shooting percentage from the field, which is 0.2% lower than the 46.0% of shots the Rockets’ opponents have hit.
- Charlotte is 11-4 against the spread and 9-6 overall when it shoots better than 46.0% from the field.
- Houston has covered the spread 16 times this year (16-16-1).
- In games this year when an underdog by 7 points or more, the Rockets have gone 9-9-1 against the spread.
- This season, Houston’s games have hit the over 18 times.
- The Rockets are shooting 45.1% from the field, 1.9% lower than the 47.0% the Hornets’ opponents have shot this season.
- Houston is 11-3 against the spread and 9-5 overall when it shoots better than 47.0% from the field.
Hornets vs. Rockets Over/Under Trends
- Charlotte and its opponents have combined to go over Monday’s total of 235.5 points 16 times this season.
- This season, six of Houston’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 235.5 points.
- The over/under for the contest of 235.5 is 13.8 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Hornets (114.9 points per game) and the Rockets (106.8 points per game).
- The 230.8 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 4.7 fewer than the 235.5 total in this contest.
- On average, the over/under in Hornets games is 10.3 points fewer than the over/under of 235.5 points in this matchup.
- A difference of 15.4 points separates this matchup’s over/under (235.5 points) and the average total points bet in Rockets’ games (220.1 points) this season.
Hornets Team Leaders
- Miles Bridges: 19.7 PTS, 7.2 REB, 1.1 STL, 47.2 FG%, 31.4 3PT% (65-for-207)
- LaMelo Ball: 19.8 PTS, 7.5 REB, 8.0 AST, 1.9 STL, 42.0 FG%, 38.6 3PT% (78-for-202)
- Gordon Hayward: 17.4 PTS, 45.3 FG%, 39.0 3PT% (60-for-154)
- Kelly Oubre Jr.: 16.5 PTS, 1.2 STL, 45.3 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (98-for-261)
- Terry Rozier: 16.5 PTS, 1.1 STL, 41.2 FG%, 34.6 3PT% (62-for-179)
Rockets Team Leaders
- Christian Wood: 17.2 PTS, 10.9 REB, 46.2 FG%, 33.6 3PT% (50-for-149)
- Jae’Sean Tate: 12.3 PTS, 49.1 FG%, 30.7 3PT% (27-for-88)
- Alperen Sengun: 9.2 PTS, 49.5 FG%, 28.9 3PT% (11-for-38)
- Eric Gordon: 14.6 PTS, 49.0 FG%, 44.1 3PT% (64-for-145)
- Kenyon Martin Jr.: 7.8 PTS, 53.7 FG%, 32.1 3PT% (17-for-53)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.