The Los Angeles Lakers (16-16) are 1.5-point favorites as they try to turn around a three-game losing streak when they host the San Antonio Spurs (12-18) on Thursday, December 23, 2021 at Staples Center. The matchup airs at 10:30 PM ET. The point total is 224.5 for the matchup.
Lakers vs. Spurs Predictions
Lakers vs. Spurs Betting Odds
Lakers vs. Spurs Last 10 Games
- Los Angeles covered the spread six times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 5-5 record straight-up in those games.
- Twice in those 10 games, the final combined score has gone over the set total.
- The past 10 Lakers games averaged 4.8 fewer points (219.7) than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Lakers’ per-game scoring average during their past 10 games is 3.3 points lower than their season-long average.
- San Antonio covered the spread six times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 5-5 record straight-up in those games.
- San Antonio’s last 10 contests saw six hit the over.
- The last 10 Spurs games averaged 219.8 total points, 4.7 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- In their past 10 games, the Spurs have a 114.5 points-per-game average, 4.7 points above their season-long scoring average.
Lakers vs. Spurs Betting Trends
- Los Angeles has gone 13-19-0 against the spread this season.
- In games this season when favored by 1.5 points or more, the Lakers have gone 7-12 against the spread.
- Los Angeles’ games have gone over the total 16 times this season.
- This season, the Lakers have a 46.2% shooting percentage from the field, which is 0.1% lower than the 46.3% of shots the Spurs’ opponents have made.
- Los Angeles is 10-9 against the spread and 13-6 overall when it shoots higher than 46.3% from the field.
- San Antonio has registered a 17-13-0 record against the spread this year.
- In games they were an underdog in by 1.5 points or more so far this year, the Spurs went 12-9 against the spread.
- This season, San Antonio’s games have hit the over 15 times.
- The Spurs are shooting 46.8% from the field, 2.4% higher than the 44.4% the Lakers’ opponents have shot this season.
- San Antonio is 11-6 against the spread and 8-9 overall when it shoots better than 44.4% from the field.
Lakers vs. Spurs Over/Under Trends
- This season, 13 of Los Angeles’ 32 games have gone over Thursday’s total of 224.5 points.
- There have been 13 San Antonio games that have ended with a combined score higher than 224.5 points this season.
- The total for the game of 224.5 is 4.9 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Lakers (109.8 points per game) and the Spurs (109.8 points per game).
- This game’s over/under is 3.5 fewer points than the 221 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- On average, the over/under in Lakers games is 4.8 points fewer than the over/under of 224.5 points in this contest.
- A difference of 5.5 points separates this matchup’s over/under (224.5 points) and the average total points bet in Spurs’ games (219.0 points) this season.
Lakers Team Leaders
- Russell Westbrook: 19.5 PTS, 7.8 REB, 8.2 AST, 1.2 STL, 45.5 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (37-for-120)
- Anthony Davis: 23.3 PTS, 9.9 REB, 1.2 STL, 2.0 BLK, 52.1 FG%, 17.9 3PT% (10-for-56)
- LeBron James: 26.4 PTS, 6.6 AST, 1.7 STL, 51.0 FG%, 34.9 3PT% (53-for-152)
- Carmelo Anthony: 13.3 PTS, 42.1 FG%, 40.1 3PT% (77-for-192)
- Malik Monk: 9.7 PTS, 44.7 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (48-for-133)
Spurs Team Leaders
- Dejounte Murray: 18.1 PTS, 8.4 REB, 8.6 AST, 2.0 STL, 44.6 FG%, 34.7 3PT% (42-for-121)
- Derrick White: 14.1 PTS, 5.0 AST, 1.2 STL, 41.4 FG%, 27.0 3PT% (44-for-163)
- Keldon Johnson: 15.0 PTS, 47.7 FG%, 46.7 3PT% (43-for-92)
- Jakob Poeltl: 12.2 PTS, 8.7 REB, 1.6 BLK, 60.2 FG%
- Lonnie Walker IV: 11.0 PTS, 39.7 FG%, 30.6 3PT% (45-for-147)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.