The Phoenix Suns (24-5) are favored (-6.5) to extend a three-game winning streak when they visit the Los Angeles Lakers (16-15) at 10:00 PM ET on Tuesday, December 21, 2021 at Staples Center. The over/under for the matchup is set at 219.5.
Suns vs. Lakers Predictions
Suns vs. Lakers Betting Odds
Suns vs. Lakers Last 10 Games
- Phoenix has a 8-2 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- Phoenix and its opponents have combined to hit the over in four of those 10 games.
- The last 10 Suns games averaged 217.3 total points, 2.2 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- The Suns’ per-game scoring average during their last 10 games is 1.2 points lower than their season-long average.
- Los Angeles covered the spread six times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have hit the over in three of the past 10 games.
- The last 10 Lakers games averaged 218.7 total points, 0.8 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- In the past 10 games, the Lakers are scoring 108.5 points per game compared to their 110.5 season average.
Suns vs. Lakers Betting Trends
- Phoenix has covered the spread 16 times in 29 games with a set spread.
- In games this season when favored by 6.5 points or more, the Suns are 6-7 against the spread.
- Phoenix games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 13 times this season.
- The Suns are shooting 47.8% from the field this season, 3.4 percentage points higher than the 44.4% the Lakers allow to opponents.
- Phoenix has a 15-8 record against the spread and a 21-2 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 44.4% from the field.
- Los Angeles has registered a 13-18-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 6.5-point underdogs or more, the Lakers have an ATS record of 3-0.
- This season, 16 of Los Angeles’ games have gone over the point total.
- The Lakers are shooting 46.4% from the field, 2.8% higher than the 43.6% the Suns’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Los Angeles has an 11-11 record against the spread and a 14-8 record overall in games the team collectively shoots above 43.6% from the field.
Suns vs. Lakers Over/Under Trends
- Phoenix and its opponents have combined to hit the over on Tuesday’s total of 219.5 points 10 times this season.
- This season, 16 of Los Angeles’ games have finished with a combined score higher than 219.5 points.
- The over/under for the game of 219.5 is 2.9 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Suns (111.9 points per game) and the Lakers (110.5 points per game).
- This game’s over/under is 3.6 fewer points than the 215.9 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- The Suns have seen a 218.5 average over/under in their games this season, 1.0 point fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this game is 0.1 points fewer than the average over/under in Lakers’ games this season (219.6 points).
Suns Team Leaders
- Chris Paul: 14.4 PTS, 10.1 AST, 2.0 STL, 48.6 FG%, 33.7 3PT% (28-for-83)
- Devin Booker: 22.9 PTS, 45.6 FG%, 40.9 3PT% (54-for-132)
- Deandre Ayton: 16.8 PTS, 11.3 REB, 61.7 FG%
- Mikal Bridges: 12.3 PTS, 1.4 STL, 53.0 FG%, 40.6 3PT% (39-for-96)
- JaVale McGee: 10.9 PTS, 7.5 REB, 65.9 FG%
Lakers Team Leaders
- Russell Westbrook: 19.5 PTS, 7.7 REB, 8.3 AST, 1.1 STL, 45.3 FG%, 31.4 3PT% (37-for-118)
- Anthony Davis: 23.3 PTS, 9.9 REB, 1.2 STL, 2.0 BLK, 52.1 FG%, 17.9 3PT% (10-for-56)
- Carmelo Anthony: 13.5 PTS, 42.4 FG%, 40.4 3PT% (76-for-188)
- Malik Monk: 9.7 PTS, 44.7 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (48-for-133)
- Dwight Howard: 5.0 PTS, 62.5 FG%, 75.0 3PT% (6-for-8)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.