The New York Knicks (13-17) are 9.5-point favorites as they look to end a five-game home losing streak when they host the Detroit Pistons (5-24) on Tuesday, December 21, 2021 at Madison Square Garden. The contest airs at 7:30 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 206.5 points.
Knicks vs. Pistons Predictions
Knicks vs. Pistons Betting Odds
Knicks vs. Pistons Last 10 Games
- New York covered the spread three times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 2-8 record straight-up in those games.
- New York’s last 10 outings saw seven go over the total.
- The Knicks’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 211.3 points scored. That’s 4.8 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Knicks have a points-per-game average 0.9 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Detroit has a 1-9 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- Detroit’s last 10 games saw seven go over the total.
- The last 10 Pistons games averaged 210.5 total points, 4.0 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- In the last 10 games, the Pistons are scoring 103.7 points per game compared to their 100.4 season average.
Knicks vs. Pistons Betting Trends
- New York has covered the spread 12 times in 30 games with a set spread.
- The Knicks have yet to cover a spread when they are at least 9.5-point favorites (0-3).
- New York’s games have gone over the total 14 times this season.
- This season, the Knicks have a 43.7% shooting percentage from the field, which is 3.8% lower than the 47.5% of shots the Pistons’ opponents have hit.
- New York is 3-2 against the spread and 3-2 overall when it shoots better than 47.5% from the field.
- Detroit is 14-15-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they were an underdog in by 9.5 points or more so far this year, the Pistons went 7-3 against the spread.
- Games involving Detroit have hit the over 15 times this year.
- The Pistons have shot at a 41.6% clip from the field this season, 2.6 percentage points fewer than the 44.2% shooting opponents of the Knicks have averaged.
- Detroit is 6-1 against the spread and 2-5 overall when it shoots better than 44.2% from the field.
Knicks vs. Pistons Over/Under Trends
- A total of 21 New York games this season have gone over Tuesday’s total of 206.5 points.
- This season, 18 games Detroit played finished with a combined score over 206.5 points.
- The total for the contest of 206.5 is 0.2 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Knicks (105.9 points per game) and the Pistons (100.4 points per game).
- These two teams give up a combined 216.8 points per game, 10.3 more than this contest’s over/under.
- The Knicks have seen a 213.3 average over/under in their games this season, 6.8 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- Pistons’ games have a total points bet of 209.8 points this season, 3.3 points more than the over/under for this contest.
Knicks Team Leaders
- Julius Randle: 19.6 PTS, 9.7 REB, 5.3 AST, 42.0 FG%, 33.5 3PT% (55-for-164)
- Alec Burks: 11.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 39.4 FG%, 40.4 3PT% (57-for-141)
- RJ Barrett: 15.1 PTS, 40.2 FG%, 35.3 3PT% (47-for-133)
- Evan Fournier: 13.1 PTS, 42.3 FG%, 37.4 3PT% (74-for-198)
- Derrick Rose: 12.0 PTS, 44.5 FG%, 40.2 3PT% (37-for-92)
Pistons Team Leaders
- Jerami Grant: 20.1 PTS, 1.1 STL, 1.1 BLK, 41.4 FG%, 33.1 3PT% (42-for-127)
- Cade Cunningham: 15.6 PTS, 5.0 AST, 1.5 STL, 39.1 FG%, 31.7 3PT% (53-for-167)
- Saddiq Bey: 13.3 PTS, 36.9 FG%, 31.1 3PT% (56-for-180)
- Isaiah Stewart: 7.9 PTS, 8.3 REB, 1.1 BLK, 54.2 FG%, 15.4 3PT% (2-for-13)
- Killian Hayes: 6.4 PTS, 1.1 STL, 34.0 FG%, 31.9 3PT% (22-for-69)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.