The Los Angeles Lakers (16-13) will try to build on a three-game winning streak when they visit the Minnesota Timberwolves (13-15) on Friday, December 17, 2021 at Target Center as only 1-point favorites. The contest airs at 10:00 PM ET. The over/under in the matchup is set at 223.5.
Lakers vs. Timberwolves Predictions
Lakers vs. Timberwolves Betting Odds
Lakers vs. Timberwolves Last 10 Games
- Los Angeles has a 7-3 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have combined to hit the over in four of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Lakers games averaged 4.1 fewer points (219.4) than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their past 10 games, the Lakers have scored 3.3 more points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Minnesota covered the spread four times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 4-6 record straight-up in those games.
- Minnesota’s last 10 outings saw eight go over the total.
- The past 10 Timberwolves games averaged 3.2 fewer points (220.3) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Timberwolves have scored 2.2 more points per contest compared to their 108.6 PPG season-long scoring average.
Lakers vs. Timberwolves Betting Trends
- Los Angeles is 12-17-0 against the spread this season.
- The Lakers have an ATS record of 8-13 when playing as at least 1-point favorites.
- Games involving Los Angeles have hit the over 15 times this season.
- The Lakers are shooting 46.5% from the field this season, 1.6 percentage points higher than the 44.9% the Timberwolves allow to opponents.
- Los Angeles has a 9-11 record against the spread and a 13-7 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 44.9% from the field.
- Minnesota has registered a 13-15-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Timberwolves are 8-9 ATS when playing as at least 1-point underdogs.
- Minnesota games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 14 times this season.
- Minnesota is 9-2 against the spread and 9-2 overall when it shoots better than 44.5% from the field.
Lakers vs. Timberwolves Over/Under Trends
- This season, Los Angeles and its opponents have combined to outscore Friday’s total of 223.5 points 13 times.
- This season, 13 of Minnesota’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 223.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 219.7 points per game, 3.8 points fewer than the point total of 223.5 for this game.
- This matchup’s over/under is 3.0 fewer points than the 220.5 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- The Lakers have seen a 219.6 average over/under in their games this season, 3.9 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- Timberwolves games have an over/under of 221.0 points this season, 2.5 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
Lakers Team Leaders
- Anthony Davis: 23.8 PTS, 10.2 REB, 1.2 STL, 2.1 BLK, 52.0 FG%, 18.2 3PT% (10-for-55)
- Russell Westbrook: 19.6 PTS, 7.8 REB, 8.4 AST, 1.2 STL, 45.1 FG%, 32.2 3PT% (37-for-115)
- LeBron James: 26.1 PTS, 6.9 AST, 1.8 STL, 50.4 FG%, 35.8 3PT% (48-for-134)
- Carmelo Anthony: 13.4 PTS, 43.0 FG%, 41.3 3PT% (69-for-167)
- Malik Monk: 9.7 PTS, 44.7 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (48-for-133)
Timberwolves Team Leaders
- Karl-Anthony Towns: 24.3 PTS, 9.0 REB, 1.1 STL, 1.1 BLK, 50.8 FG%, 42.3 3PT% (66-for-156)
- Anthony Edwards: 22.1 PTS, 1.6 STL, 43.4 FG%, 36.0 3PT% (87-for-242)
- D’Angelo Russell: 18.8 PTS, 6.4 AST, 38.7 FG%, 33.2 3PT% (67-for-202)
- Jarred Vanderbilt: 6.2 PTS, 8.2 REB, 1.5 STL, 56.1 FG%, 22.2 3PT% (2-for-9)
- Malik Beasley: 11.0 PTS, 36.1 FG%, 34.1 3PT% (74-for-217)
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.