The Detroit Pistons (4-20) visit the New Orleans Pelicans (7-20) after losing five road games in a row. The Pelicans are favored by 5.5 points in the matchup, which starts at 8:00 PM ET on Friday, December 10, 2021. The point total is 212 for the matchup.
Pelicans vs. Pistons Predictions
Pelicans vs. Pistons Betting Odds
Pelicans vs. Pistons Last 10 Games
- New Orleans has a 4-6 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- New Orleans and its opponents have combined to hit the over in six of those 10 games.
- The last 10 Pelicans games averaged 214.2 total points, 2.2 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over the past 10 games, the Pelicans are scoring 4.2 points more per game compared to their season average.
- Detroit covered the spread six times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 0-10 record straight-up in those games.
- Detroit’s past 10 games saw six hit the over.
- The past 10 Pistons games averaged 3.1 fewer points (208.9) than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Pistons’ per-game scoring average over their last 10 games is 101.9, 2.1 points higher than their season-long per-game average.
Pelicans vs. Pistons Betting Trends
- New Orleans is 11-16-0 against the spread this season.
- New Orleans’ games have gone over the total 11 times this season.
- This season, the Pelicans have a 43.2% shooting percentage from the field, which is 4.8% lower than the 48.0% of shots the Pistons’ opponents have knocked down.
- New Orleans has a 3-2 record against the spread and a 2-3 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 48.0% from the field.
- Detroit has put together a 12-12-0 record against the spread this year.
- In games they were an underdog in by 5.5 points or more so far this year, the Pistons have gone 9-5 against the spread.
- Detroit games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 12 times this year.
- The Pistons have shot at a 41.0% clip from the field this season, 6.6 percentage points below the 47.6% shooting opponents of the Pelicans have averaged.
Pelicans vs. Pistons Over/Under Trends
- A total of 13 New Orleans games this season have gone over Friday’s over/under of 212 points.
- There have been 11 Detroit games that have ended with a combined score higher than 212 points this season.
- The Pelicans average 103.7 points per game against the Pistons’ 99.8, totaling 8.5 points under the matchup’s total of 212.
- This game’s point total is 7.6 fewer points than the 219.6 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- This season, the average total for Pelicans games is 215.9 points, 3.9 more than the over/under of 212 points for this contest.
- A difference of 2.6 points separates this contest’s over/under (212 points) and the average total points bet in Pistons’ games (209.4 points) this season.
Pelicans Team Leaders
- Jonas Valanciunas: 18.9 PTS, 12.0 REB, 51.5 FG%, 46.3 3PT% (31-for-67)
- Brandon Ingram: 22.6 PTS, 44.6 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (35-for-97)
- Nickeil Alexander-Walker: 13.6 PTS, 36.9 FG%, 30.7 3PT% (55-for-179)
- Devonte’ Graham: 13.6 PTS, 1.2 STL, 37.2 FG%, 34.5 3PT% (67-for-194)
- Josh Hart: 11.1 PTS, 48.5 FG%, 32.7 3PT% (16-for-49)
Pistons Team Leaders
- Jerami Grant: 20.5 PTS, 1.2 STL, 41.6 FG%, 33.9 3PT% (41-for-121)
- Saddiq Bey: 12.3 PTS, 35.2 FG%, 29.7 3PT% (44-for-148)
- Cade Cunningham: 15.2 PTS, 1.3 STL, 38.0 FG%, 30.7 3PT% (42-for-137)
- Isaiah Stewart: 7.6 PTS, 8.1 REB, 1.2 BLK, 56.0 FG%
- Cory Joseph: 6.3 PTS, 42.6 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (12-for-39)