A pair of the NBA’s top scorers take the court when Anthony Davis (13th, 24.1 PPG) and the Los Angeles Lakers (13-12) visit Ja Morant (13th, 24.1 PPG) and the Memphis Grizzlies (14-11) on Thursday, December 9, 2021 at 8:00 PM ET. The Lakers are 3.5-point favorites. The matchup has a point total of 223.5.
Lakers vs. Grizzlies Predictions
Lakers vs. Grizzlies Betting Odds
Lakers vs. Grizzlies Last 10 Games
- Los Angeles has a 5-5 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- Los Angeles’ last 10 outings saw six hit the over.
- The past 10 Lakers games averaged 4.9 fewer points (218.6) than this matchup’s point total.
- In the last 10 games, the Lakers are scoring 3.2 points more per game compared to their season average.
- Memphis covered the spread six times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- Memphis and its opponents have combined to hit the over in six of the past 10 games.
- The Grizzlies’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 218.1 points scored. That’s 5.4 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- Across their last 10 games, the Grizzlies have scored 0.1 fewer points per contest compared to their 110.4 PPG season-long scoring average.
Lakers vs. Grizzlies Betting Trends
- Los Angeles is 9-16-0 against the spread this season.
- The Lakers have an ATS record of just 1-9 when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites.
- Los Angeles games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 15 times this season.
- The Lakers are shooting 46.5% from the field this season, 0.4 percentage points higher than the 46.1% the Grizzlies allow to opponents.
- Los Angeles is 7-9 against the spread and 11-5 overall when it shoots higher than 46.1% from the field.
- Memphis has covered the spread 15 times over 25 games with a set spread.
- In games they were an underdog in by 3.5 points or more so far this year, the Grizzlies went 5-0 against the spread.
- This year, Memphis’ games have hit the over 13 times.
- The Grizzlies’ 45.0% shooting percentage from the field this season is the same as the Lakers have allowed to their opponents.
- Memphis has put together a 10-1 record against the spread and a 10-1 straight up record in games it shoots higher than 45.2% from the field.
Lakers vs. Grizzlies Over/Under Trends
- This season, 13 of Los Angeles’ 25 games have gone over Thursday’s over/under of 223.5 points.
- In Memphis’ 25 games this season, 14 have finished with more combined scoring than Thursday’s total of 223.5.
- The Lakers average 111.9 points per game against the Grizzlies’ 110.4, totaling 1.2 points under the matchup’s over/under of 223.5.
- The 223.6 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 0.1 more than the 223.5 total in this contest.
- On average, the over/under in Lakers games is 3.6 points fewer than the over/under of 223.5 points in this contest.
- Grizzlies games have an over/under of 220.3 points this season, 3.2 points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
Lakers Team Leaders
- Anthony Davis: 24.1 PTS, 10.3 REB, 1.3 STL, 2.2 BLK, 52.4 FG%, 18.8 3PT% (9-for-48)
- Russell Westbrook: 20.4 PTS, 7.8 REB, 8.7 AST, 1.3 STL, 45.0 FG%, 31.8 3PT% (34-for-107)
- LeBron James: 25.9 PTS, 6.6 AST, 1.7 STL, 49.0 FG%, 34.0 3PT% (36-for-106)
- Carmelo Anthony: 14.1 PTS, 43.8 FG%, 41.7 3PT% (63-for-151)
- Malik Monk: 10.3 PTS, 46.6 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (45-for-120)
Grizzlies Team Leaders
- Ja Morant: 24.1 PTS, 6.8 AST, 1.6 STL, 47.6 FG%, 35.6 3PT% (31-for-87)
- Jaren Jackson Jr.: 16.2 PTS, 2.0 BLK, 42.6 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (56-for-154)
- Desmond Bane: 16.0 PTS, 46.8 FG%, 39.9 3PT% (63-for-158)
- Steven Adams: 7.1 PTS, 8.6 REB, 52.4 FG%
- De’Anthony Melton: 10.4 PTS, 1.6 STL, 40.7 FG%, 36.0 3PT% (41-for-114)