A pair of the NBA’s best scorers square off when Trae Young (fifth, 26.3 PPG) and the Atlanta Hawks (13-12) host Kevin Durant (first, 28.4 PPG) and the Brooklyn Nets (17-8) on Friday, December 10, 2021 at 7:30 PM ET. The Hawks are 1.5-point favorites. The over/under in the matchup is set at 223.5.
Hawks vs. Nets Predictions
Hawks vs. Nets Betting Odds
Hawks vs. Nets Last 10 Games
- Atlanta covered the spread six times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- The final score of the past 10 Atlanta games has surpassed the set total six times.
- The Hawks’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 219.9 points scored. That’s 3.6 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- In the past 10 games, the Hawks are scoring 3.2 points more per game compared to their season average.
- Brooklyn is 7-3 overall and 3-7-0 against the spread over its last 10 contests.
- The final scores of the past 10 Brooklyn games have surpassed the set total five times.
- The Nets’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 216.9 points scored. That’s 6.6 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Nets’ per-game scoring average over their past 10 games is 110.6, 1.6 points higher than their season-long per-game average.
Hawks vs. Nets Betting Trends
- Atlanta is 11-14-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 1.5 points or more so far this season, the Hawks went 8-7 against the spread.
- This season, Atlanta’s games have hit the over 13 times.
- This season, the Hawks have a 46.5% shooting percentage from the field, which is 3.5% higher than the 43.0% of shots the Nets’ opponents have knocked down.
- In games Atlanta shoots higher than 43.0% from the field, it is 11-7 against the spread and 12-6 overall.
- Brooklyn has covered the spread in a game 10 times this year (10-15-0).
- The Nets have yet to cover the spread when they are at least 1.5-point underdogs (0-1).
- This season, Brooklyn’s games have hit the over 10 times.
- The Nets have shot at a 46.4% clip from the field this season, 1.1 percentage points greater than the 45.3% shooting opponents of the Hawks have averaged.
- This season, Brooklyn has a 9-5 record against the spread and a 13-1 record overall in games the team collectively shoots higher than 45.3% from the field.
Hawks vs. Nets Over/Under Trends
- Atlanta and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (223.5 points) 12 times this season.
- This season, six games Brooklyn played finished with a combined score higher than 223.5 points.
- The Hawks average 111.0 points per game against the Nets’ 109.0, totaling 3.5 points under the matchup’s total of 223.5.
- The 214.3 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 9.2 fewer than the 223.5 over/under in this contest.
- On average, the over/under in Hawks games is 3.5 points fewer than the over/under of 223.5 points in this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 5.0 points more than the average over/under in Nets’ games this season (218.5 points).
Hawks Team Leaders
- Trae Young: 26.3 PTS, 9.4 AST, 45.6 FG%, 39.2 3PT% (69-for-176)
- John Collins: 17.0 PTS, 7.8 REB, 1.4 BLK, 56.2 FG%, 41.3 3PT% (31-for-75)
- Clint Capela: 11.4 PTS, 12.7 REB, 1.4 BLK, 57.0 FG%
- Kevin Huerter: 10.7 PTS, 47.7 FG%, 39.3 3PT% (42-for-107)
- Bogdan Bogdanovic: 11.6 PTS, 44.7 FG%, 39.1 3PT% (43-for-110)
Nets Team Leaders
- James Harden: 20.9 PTS, 8.0 REB, 9.6 AST, 1.4 STL, 40.1 FG%, 34.6 3PT% (64-for-185)
- Kevin Durant: 28.4 PTS, 7.7 REB, 5.4 AST, 52.9 FG%, 37.7 3PT% (40-for-106)
- LaMarcus Aldridge: 13.9 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 57.0 FG%, 34.5 3PT% (10-for-29)
- Patty Mills: 12.5 PTS, 45.1 FG%, 45.6 3PT% (77-for-169)
- Bruce Brown: 6.5 PTS, 1.3 STL, 44.9 FG%, 30.4 3PT% (7-for-23)