C-USA action features the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (5-3) squaring off against the North Texas Mean Green (4-4) on Saturday, October 29, 2022 at Houchens Industries-L.T. Smith Stadium. The Hilltoppers are considerable favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 9.5 points. The over/under is 70.5 in the contest.
Western Kentucky vs. North Texas Predictions
Western Kentucky vs. North Texas Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Western Kentucky vs. North Texas: Last 3 Games
- In its last three contests, Western Kentucky has covered the spread each time, and is 2-1 overall.
- Western Kentucky has not hit the over in its past three contests.
- The Hilltoppers average total over the last three games is 3.7 points fewer than the 70.5 total listed for this matchup.
- Over its past three games, North Texas has covered the spread each time, and is 2-1 overall.
- In its past three games, North Texas has hit the over twice.
- The Mean Green and their opponents have combined to score an average of 69.3 combined points in their last three games, 1.2 less than the 70.5 over/under in this matchup.
Western Kentucky vs. North Texas Betting Trends
- Western Kentucky is 6-2-0 against the spread this season.
- The Hilltoppers have an ATS record of 2-1 when playing as at least 9.5-point favorites.
- Games involving Western Kentucky have hit the over three times this season.
- Western Kentucky is 5-1 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 83.3% of those games).
- Western Kentucky has played in three games as a moneyline favorite with odds of -318 or shorter and won them all.
- North Texas has gone 5-3-0 against the spread this season.
- North Texas has a record of 2-1 ATS when playing as at least 9.5-point underdogs.
- Games involving North Texas have hit the over on five occasions this season.
- North Texas has won one of the five games it has played as an underdog this season.
- This season, North Texas has won one of its four games when it is the underdog by at least +248 on the moneyline.
Western Kentucky vs. North Texas: Over/Under Trends
- Western Kentucky and its opponents have combined to score more than 70.5 points in a game just once this season.
- A total of of North Texas’ games ended with a combined score higher than 70.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 72.5 points per game, two points more than the over/under of 70.5 for this game.
- This game’s total is 14 fewer points than the 56.5 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2022.
- The Hilltoppers have seen a 65.1 average over/under in their games this season, 5.4 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this game is 5.1 points more than the average over/under in Mean Green’s games this season (65.4 points).
Western Kentucky Players to Watch
- Austin Reed leads Western Kentucky with 2,446 passing yards (305.8 ypg) on 224-of-320 passing with 21 touchdowns compared to five interceptions this season. He also adds 182 rushing yards (22.8 ypg) on 62 carries while scoring six touchdowns on the ground.
- The team’s top rusher, Kye Robichaux, has carried the ball 68 times for 458 yards (57.3 per game), with three touchdowns this year.
- This season Davion Ervin-Poindexter has piled up 68 carries for 246 yards (30.8 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Daewood Davis’ 646 receiving yards (80.8 yards per game) lead the team. He has 49 receptions with five touchdowns.
- Malachi Corley has totaled 606 receiving yards (75.8 yards per game) and six touchdowns, hauling in 50 passes this year.
- Michael Mathison’s 35 receptions have netted him 355 yards (44.4 ypg) and two touchdowns.
North Texas Players to Watch
- Austin Aune leads North Texas with 2,017 passing yards (252.1 ypg) on 125-of-226 passing with 20 touchdowns compared to nine interceptions this season.
- Ayo Adeyi has carried the ball 69 times for a team-high 559 yards (69.9 per game), with two touchdowns this year.
- This season Oscar Adaway III has racked up 548 yards (68.5 per game) on 111 attempts with five touchdowns.
- Roderic Burns’ 541 receiving yards (67.6 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s totaled 28 receptions and one touchdown.
- Jyaire Shorter has put together a 350-yard season so far (43.8 receiving yards per game) with six touchdowns, reeling in 15 passes.
- Var’Keyes Gumms’ 18 catches this season have resulted in 317 yards (39.6 ypg) and four touchdowns.
Where To Watch Western Kentucky vs. North Texas
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.