The Notre Dame Fighting Irish (4-3) will look to upset the No. 16 Syracuse Orange (6-1) on Saturday, October 29, 2022 at the JMA Wireless Dome. The line foretells a close game, with the Orange favored by 2 points. The over/under in this contest is 46 points.
Syracuse vs. Notre Dame Predictions
Syracuse vs. Notre Dame Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Syracuse vs. Notre Dame: Last 3 Games
- Syracuse is unbeaten against the spread and 2-1 overall in its past three contests.
- Syracuse’s past three games have not hit the over.
- The Orange total over the last three games is 5.7 points more than the 46 total listed for this matchup.
- Notre Dame has one win against the spread, and is 2-1 overall, in its past three games.
- In Notre Dame’s past three games, it has hit the over once.
- The Fighting Irish have averaged a total of 50.7 combined points in their last three games, 4.7 greater than this game’s total of 46.
Syracuse vs. Notre Dame Betting Trends
- Syracuse has compiled a 6-1-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 2-point favorites or more, the Orange have an ATS record of 3-1.
- This season, Syracuse’s games have hit the over twice.
- Syracuse has won all five of the games it has been listed as the moneyline favorite this season.
- Syracuse has played in four games as a moneyline favorite with odds of -136 or shorter and won each of them.
- Notre Dame has covered the spread in a game three times this season (3-4-0).
- In games it has played as 2-point underdogs or more, Notre Dame has a perfect ATS record of 2-0.
- Notre Dame games have gone over the total twice this season.
- Notre Dame has split the two games it has played as underdogs this season.
- Notre Dame has entered two games this season as the underdog by +114 or more and is 0-0 in those contests.
Syracuse vs. Notre Dame: Over/Under Trends
- This season, of Syracuse’s seven games have gone over Saturday’s total of 46 points.
- A total of of Notre Dame’s games finished with a combined score over 46 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 60.5 points per game, 14.5 points more than the over/under of 46 for this contest.
- These two teams surrender a combined 37 points per game, nine points less than this contest’s over/under.
- This season, the average total for Orange games is 53.3 points, 7.3 more than the over/under of 46 points for this contest.
- A difference of 4.8 points separates the average total points bet in Fighting Irish’s games (50.8 points) and this contest’s over/under (46 points).
Syracuse Players to Watch
- Garrett Shrader has thrown for 1,597 yards (228.1 ypg) to lead Syracuse, completing 69.7% of his passes and recording 13 touchdown passes and four interceptions this season. He’s also run for 372 yards (53.1 ypg) on 99 carries with six rushing touchdowns.
- Sean Tucker has carried the ball 129 times for a team-high 696 yards (99.4 per game), with six touchdowns this year. He has also caught 28 passes for 211 yards (30.1 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Oronde Gadsden II’s 599 receiving yards (85.6 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s totaled 37 receptions and five touchdowns.
- Devaughn Cooper has caught 18 passes for 229 yards (32.7 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
Notre Dame Players to Watch
- Drew Pyne has thrown for 1,077 yards (153.9 ypg) to lead Notre Dame, completing 63.7% of his passes and collecting 12 touchdown passes and three interceptions this season. He’s also figured in the ground game with 92 rushing yards (13.1 ypg) on 25 carries.
- Audric Estime’s team-high 435 rushing yards (62.1 per game) have come on 79 carries, with six touchdowns this year.
- This season Logan Diggs has racked up 75 carries for 346 yards (49.4 per game).
- Michael Mayer’s team-high 526 receiving yards (75.1 yards per game) have come on 44 receptions with six touchdowns.
- Lorenzo Styles Jr. has put together a 287-yard season so far (41 receiving yards per game) with one touchdown, reeling in 23 passes.
- Jayden Thomas’ nine receptions this season have resulted in 154 yards (22 ypg) and one touchdown.
Where To Watch Syracuse vs. Notre Dame
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.