The No. 13 Penn State Nittany Lions (5-1) and the 22nd-ranked scoring D in the country will host the No. 2 Ohio State Buckeyes (7-0) and the second-ranked scoring offense on Saturday, October 29, 2022. The Nittany Lions are heavy, 15-point underdogs. The over/under is 61.5 in the contest.
Ohio State vs. Penn State Predictions
Ohio State vs. Penn State Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Ohio State vs. Penn State: Last 3 Games
- Ohio State has covered the spread twice, and is 3-0 overall, over its last three games.
- Ohio State has gone over the total in each of its past three games.
- The Buckeyes average total over the last three games is 4.3 points fewer than the 61.5 total given for this matchup.
- Penn State has one win against the spread, and is 3-0 overall, over its past three contests.
- In Penn State’s past three contests, it has gone over the total twice.
- The Nittany Lions total over the last three games is 14 points fewer than the 61.5 over/under listed for this matchup.
Ohio State vs. Penn State Betting Trends
- Ohio State has covered the spread four times over seven games with a set spread.
- In games they have played as 15-point favorites or more, the Buckeyes have an ATS record of 4-2-1.
- This season, Ohio State’s games have hit the over five times.
- Ohio State has not yet lost when playing as the moneyline favorite this season, going 6-0.
- Ohio State has won all six games it has played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -635 or shorter.
- Penn State has covered the spread in a game four times this season (4-3-0).
- Penn State games have gone over the total five times this season.
- Penn State lost the only game it has played as the underdog this season.
- Penn State has not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +453.
Ohio State vs. Penn State: Over/Under Trends
- Ohio State and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (61.5 points) times this season.
- This season, Penn State has played two games with a combined score higher than 61.5 points.
- The total for the matchup of 61.5 is 19.6 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Buckeyes (49.6 points per game) and the Nittany Lions (31.5 points per game).
- These two teams give up a combined 34.1 points per game, 27.4 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the over/under in Buckeyes games is 1.9 points fewer than the over/under of 61.5 points in this matchup.
- Nittany Lions games have an over/under of 51.4 points this season, 10.1 points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
Ohio State Players to Watch
- C.J. Stroud has 2,023 passing yards (289 ypg) to lead Ohio State, completing 70% of his passes and tossing 28 touchdown passes and four interceptions this season.
- Miyan Williams’ team-high 516 rushing yards (73.7 per game) have come on 74 carries, with nine touchdowns this year.
- This season TreVeyon Henderson has rushed for 474 yards (67.7 per game) on 80 carries with four touchdowns.
- Emeka Egbuka’s team-leading 735 receiving yards (105 yards per game) have come on 41 receptions with seven touchdowns.
- Marvin Harrison Jr. has caught 38 passes for 598 yards (85.4 yards per game) and 10 touchdowns this year.
- Julian Fleming’s 17 grabs have netted him 327 yards (46.7 ypg) and six touchdowns.
Penn State Players to Watch
- Sean Clifford has 1,445 passing yards (206.4 ypg) to lead Penn State, completing 61.5% of his passes and collecting 13 touchdown passes and three interceptions this season. He’s also contributed on the ground with 150 rushing yards (21.4 ypg) on 33 carries with four rushing touchdowns.
- Nicholas Singleton’s team-high 552 rushing yards (78.9 per game) have come on 81 carries, with seven touchdowns this year.
- This season Kaytron Allen has racked up 396 yards (56.6 per game) on 78 carries with four touchdowns.
- Parker Washington’s 388 receiving yards (55.4 yards per game) lead the team. He has 30 receptions with one touchdown.
- Mitchell Tinsley has collected 340 receiving yards (48.6 yards per game) and four touchdowns, reeling in 28 passes this year.
- Brenton Strange’s 17 grabs have netted him 245 yards (35 ypg) and four touchdowns.
Where To Watch Ohio State vs. Penn State
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.