The No. 24 NC State Wolf Pack (5-2) will face off against their ACC-rival, the Virginia Tech Hokies (2-5) in a matchup on Thursday, October 27, 2022 at Wayne Day Family Field at Carter-Finley Stadium. The Wolf Pack are considerable favorites in this one, with the spread posted at 13.5 points. The over/under is set at 40 in the outing.
NC State vs. Virginia Tech Predictions
NC State vs. Virginia Tech Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
NC State vs. Virginia Tech: Last 3 Games
- NC State is winless against the spread and 1-2 overall over its past three contests.
- NC State has gone over the total once in its past three games.
- The Wolf Pack total over the last three games is 6.2 points more than the 40 over/under listed for this matchup.
- Virginia Tech has covered the spread once, and is 1-2 overall, in its past three contests.
- Virginia Tech has hit the over once in its past three contests.
- The Hokies have averaged a total of 49.2 combined points in their last three games, 9.2 greater than this matchup’s total of 40.
NC State vs. Virginia Tech Betting Trends
- NC State has covered the spread twice over seven games with a set spread.
- The Wolf Pack have an ATS record of 1-1 when playing as at least 13.5-point favorites.
- Games involving NC State have hit the over three times this season.
- NC State has been the moneyline favorite a total of four times this season, and they’ve won all of those games.
- NC State has played as a moneyline favorite of -608 or shorter in just one game this season, which it won.
- Virginia Tech has covered the spread twice in seven games with a set number.
- Virginia Tech has yet to cover the spread when it is at least 13.5-point underdogs (0-1).
- Games involving Virginia Tech has hit the over once this season.
- Virginia Tech has been listed as the underdog four times this season and has failed to win any of those games.
- Virginia Tech has not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +446 odds on them winning this game.
NC State vs. Virginia Tech: Over/Under Trends
- This season, NC State games have seen a combined score higher than this matchup’s 40-point over/under times.
- This season, of Virginia Tech’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 40 points.
- The Wolf Pack average 27.4 points per game against the Hokies’ 19.1, totaling 6.5 points over the contest’s total of 40.
- These two teams give up a combined 42 points per game, two more than this contest’s over/under.
- This season, the average total for Wolf Pack games is 49.8 points, 9.8 more than the over/under of 40 points for this contest.
- Hokies’ games have a total points bet of 48 points this season, eight points more than the over/under for this game.
NC State Players to Watch
- Devin Leary has thrown for 1,265 yards (180.7 ypg) to lead NC State, completing 61.1% of his passes and tossing 11 touchdown passes and four interceptions this season.
- Jordan Houston’s team-high 304 rushing yards (43.4 per game) have come on 76 carries this year. He’s also added 13 catches for 159 yards (22.7 per game) and one touchdown.
- This season Demie Sumo has taken 52 carries for 299 yards (42.7 per game) and three touchdowns, while also catching 12 passes for 148 yards (21.1 per game) and one touchdown.
- Thayer Thomas’ team-high 319 receiving yards (45.6 yards per game) have come on 27 receptions with two touchdowns.
- Devin Carter has caught 13 passes for 194 yards (27.7 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
- Keyon Lesane’s 20 catches have netted him 183 yards (26.1 ypg) and one touchdown.
Virginia Tech Players to Watch
- Grant Wells has thrown for 1,435 yards (205 ypg) to lead Virginia Tech, completing 59.5% of his passes and tossing seven touchdown passes and seven interceptions this season. He’s also figured in the ground game with 148 rushing yards (21.1 ypg) on 57 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- The team’s top rusher, Keshawn King, has carried the ball 44 times for 259 yards (37 per game), with two touchdowns this year.
- This season Jalen Holston has rushed for 152 yards (21.7 per game) on 48 carries with two touchdowns.
- Kaleb Smith’s team-high 428 receiving yards (61.1 yards per game) have come on 28 receptions with two touchdowns.
- Nick Gallo has totaled 167 receiving yards (23.9 yards per game), reeling in 23 passes this year.
- Da’Wain Lofton’s 15 grabs are good enough for 159 yards (22.7 ypg) and one touchdown.
Where To Watch NC State vs. Virginia Tech
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.