In a clash of Sun Belt teams, the Marshall Thundering Herd (4-3) will face off against the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (6-1) in a matchup on Saturday, October 29, 2022 at Joan C. Edwards Stadium. The line forecasts must-see action, with Marshall favored by 2.5 points. An over/under of 55 points has been set for the contest.
Marshall vs. Coastal Carolina Predictions
Marshall vs. Coastal Carolina Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Marshall vs. Coastal Carolina: Last 3 Games
- Marshall has one win against the spread, and is 2-1 overall, over its past three contests.
- Marshall has not hit the over in its past three games.
- The Thundering Herd and their opponents have combined to score an average of 50.8 points in their last three games, 4.2 less than the 55 over/under in this matchup.
- Coastal Carolina has no wins against the spread and is 2-1 overall over its past three games.
- Coastal Carolina has gone over the total once in its past three contests.
- The Chanticleers have averaged a total of 62 combined points over their last three games, seven greater than this game’s total of 55.
Marshall vs. Coastal Carolina Betting Trends
- Marshall has registered a 3-4-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 2.5-point favorites or more, the Thundering Herd have an ATS record of 1-4.
- Marshall’s games have gone over the total once this season.
- Marshall has been the moneyline favorite four total times this season. They’ve gone 1-3 in those games.
- Marshall has a 0-2 record (winning only 25% of its games) when it has played as a moneyline favorite of -134 or shorter.
- Coastal Carolina has covered the spread in a game two times this season (2-4-1).
- Coastal Carolina games have gone over the total four times this year.
- This is the first time Coastal Carolina will play as an underdog this season.
- Coastal Carolina has played as an underdog of +112 or more once this season and won that game.
Marshall vs. Coastal Carolina: Over/Under Trends
- This season, Marshall games have seen a combined score higher than this game’s 55-point total twice.
- There have been Coastal Carolina games that have ended with a combined score higher than 55 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 59.6 points per game, 4.6 points more than the point total of 55 for this game.
- The 45.9 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 9.1 fewer than the 55 total in this contest.
- This season the average total for Thundering Herd games is 51.6 points, 3.4 fewer than the over/under of 55 points for this contest.
- A difference of 6.4 points separates the average total points bet in Chanticleers’ games (61.4 points) and this matchup’s over/under (55 points).
Marshall Players to Watch
- Henry Colombi has 943 passing yards (134.7 ypg) to lead Marshall, completing 73.2% of his passes and throwing six touchdown passes and four interceptions this season.
- Khalan Laborn has carried the ball 188 times for a team-high 1,002 yards (143.1 per game), with 12 touchdowns this year.
- This season Ethan Payne has rushed for 134 yards (19.1 per game) on 23 carries with two touchdowns.
- Corey Gammage’s 361 receiving yards (51.6 yards per game) lead the team. He has 28 receptions with four touchdowns.
- Talik Keaton has collected 174 receiving yards (24.9 yards per game), hauling in 21 passes this year.
- Caleb McMillan has hauled in nine grabs for 171 yards (24.4 ypg) and one touchdown this season.
Coastal Carolina Players to Watch
- Grayson McCall leads Coastal Carolina with 1,940 passing yards (277.1 ypg) on 137-of-194 passing with 18 touchdowns compared to one interception this season. He also adds 146 rushing yards (20.9 ypg) on 59 carries while scoring three touchdowns on the ground.
- CJ Beasley has carried the ball 97 times for a team-high 537 yards (76.7 per game), with four touchdowns this year. He’s also tacked on 13 catches for 146 yards (20.9 per game) and one touchdown.
- This season Reese White has taken 46 carries for 291 yards (41.6 per game) and one touchdown.
- Sam Pinckney’s team-high 623 receiving yards (89 yards per game) have come on 44 receptions with one touchdown.
- Jared Brown has reeled in 28 passes for 565 yards (80.7 yards per game) and five touchdowns this year.
- Tyson Mobley’s 20 catches have netted him 244 yards (34.9 ypg) and three touchdowns.
Where To Watch Marshall vs. Coastal Carolina
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.