In a clash of Sun Belt teams, the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns (4-3) will face off against the Southern Miss Golden Eagles (4-3) in a matchup on Thursday, October 27, 2022 at M.M. Roberts Stadium. The line forecasts must-see action, with Louisiana favored by 2.5 points. An over/under of 43.5 points has been set for the contest.
Louisiana vs. Southern Miss Predictions
Louisiana vs. Southern Miss Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Louisiana vs. Southern Miss: Last 3 Games
- Over its past three contests, Louisiana has covered the spread each time, and is 2-1 overall.
- Louisiana has gone over the total once in its past three games.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns and their opponents have combined to score an average of 48.2 points in their last three games, 4.7 more than the 43.5 over/under in this matchup.
- Southern Miss has one win against the spread, and is 2-1 overall, in its past three games.
- In its past three games, Southern Miss has not gone over the total.
- The Golden Eagles and their opponents have combined to score an average of 46.7 combined points over their last three games, 3.2 more than the 43.5 over/under in this matchup.
Louisiana vs. Southern Miss Betting Trends
- Louisiana has put together a record of 5-2-0 against the spread this season.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns have an ATS record of 3-2 when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites.
- This season, three of Louisiana’s games have gone over the point total.
- Louisiana has won three of the five games it was the moneyline favorite this season (60%).
- In games it has played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -138 or shorter, Louisiana has a record of 1-1 (60%).
- Southern Miss is 5-2-0 against the spread this year.
- In games it has played as 2.5-point or bigger underdogs, Southern Miss has an ATS record of 3-1.
- This season, Southern Miss games have hit the over three times.
- Southern Miss has been an underdog in four games this season and won one (25%) of those contests.
- Southern Miss has entered five games this season as the underdog by +114 or more and is 0-1 in those contests.
Louisiana vs. Southern Miss: Over/Under Trends
- This season, Louisiana games have seen a combined score higher than this game’s 43.5-point total times.
- This season, games Southern Miss played finished with a combined score over 43.5 points.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns average 27 points per game against the Golden Eagles’ 25, totaling 8.5 points over the contest’s point total of 43.5.
- The 40.9 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 2.6 fewer than the 43.5 over/under in this contest.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns have seen a 52.1 average over/under in their games this season, 8.6 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this matchup is five points fewer than the average over/under in Golden Eagles’ games this season (48.5 points).
Louisiana Players to Watch
- Ben Wooldridge has 986 passing yards (140.9 ypg) to lead Louisiana, completing 62.8% of his passes and tossing 10 touchdown passes and one interception this season. He’s also helped out on the ground with 116 rushing yards (16.6 ypg) on 26 carries.
- Chris Smith’s team-high 261 rushing yards (37.3 per game) have come on 46 carries, with two touchdowns this year. He’s also tacked on 15 catches for 107 yards (15.3 per game).
- This season Terrence Williams has racked up 195 yards (27.9 per game) on 55 attempts.
- Michael Jefferson’s team-leading 387 receiving yards (55.3 yards per game) have come on 24 receptions with four touchdowns.
- Neal Johnson has put together a 187-yard season so far (26.7 receiving yards per game) with two touchdowns, reeling in 15 passes.
- Jacob Bernard has hauled in nine receptions for 151 yards (21.6 ypg) and one touchdown this season.
Southern Miss Players to Watch
- Zach Wilcke leads Southern Miss with 979 passing yards (139.9 ypg) on 90-of-150 passing with seven touchdowns compared to eight interceptions this season.
- Frank Gore Jr.’s team-high 568 rushing yards (81.1 per game) have come on 116 carries, with four touchdowns this year.
- This season Janari Dean has piled up 116 yards (16.6 per game) on 39 attempts with two touchdowns.
- Jason Brownlee’s team-high 397 receiving yards (56.7 yards per game) have come on 31 receptions with four touchdowns.
- Jakarius Caston has put up a 264-yard season so far (37.7 receiving yards per game) with three touchdowns, reeling in 21 passes.
- Tiaquelin Mims’ 11 catches have yielded 167 yards (23.9 ypg).
Where To Watch Louisiana vs. Southern Miss
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.