Saturday’s NHL matchup between the Vancouver Canucks (0-3-2) and the Buffalo Sabres (3-1-0) at Rogers Arena sees the Canucks favored at home (-164 moneyline odds to win) against the Sabres (+138). The game starts at 10:00 PM ET on .
Canucks vs. Sabres Predictions
Canucks vs. Sabres Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Canucks vs. Sabres Betting Trends
- The Canucks won 16 of their 28 games (57.1%) when favored on the moneyline a season ago.
- When playing with moneyline odds of -164 or shorter last season, Vancouver won 70.0% of its games (7-3).
- Based on the moneyline in this matchup, the Canucks’ implied win probability is 62.1%.
- The Canucks ranked 18th in the NHL last season with 246 goals scored (3.0 per game).
- The Canucks allowed 231 total goals (2.8 per game), the seventh-fewest in league play.
- Last season the Sabres had 27 wins in the 75 games in which they were an underdog.
- Buffalo had a record of 19-36 in games when sportsbooks listed them as +138 or longer on the moneyline last season.
- The moneyline implies a 42.0% chance to win for the Sabres.
- The Sabres had 229 goals last season (2.8 per game), 23rd in the NHL.
- The Sabres gave up 287 total goals (3.5 per game), 25th in the NHL.
Canucks vs. Sabres Over/Under Trends
- A total of 32 Vancouver games last season went over Saturday’s total of 6.5 goals.
- There were 42 Buffalo games with more than 6.5 goals last season.
- The total for this game (6.5) is 0.7 more than the combined scoring averages for the Canucks (3.00) and Sabres (2.79) last season.
- The 6.3 goals per game these two teams allowed are 0.2 less than the total set for this contest.
Canucks Team Leaders
- Elias Pettersson: three goals and three assists
- Quinn Hughes: five assists
- Bo Horvat: four goals and one assist
- Thatcher Demko: 0-3-1 record, .861 save percentage, 17 goals allowed
Sabres Team Leaders 2021-22
- Tage Thompson’s 68 points last season made him a pivotal offensive option for Buffalo. He put up 38 goals and 30 assists in 78 games.
- Jeff Skinner totaled 63 total points (0.8 per game) last season. He had 33 goals and 30 assists.
- Rasmus Dahlin had 53 points, including 13 goals and 40 assists.
- Craig Anderson had an .897 save percentage (39th in the league) last season, giving up 97 goals (3.1 goals against average). He put together a 17-12-2 record.
Where To Watch Canucks vs. Sabres
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.