Thursday’s NHL matchup between the Edmonton Oilers (1-2-0) and the Carolina Hurricanes (3-0-0) at Rogers Place in Edmonton, Alberta is projected to be a close outing. The Oilers have -115 moneyline odds to win against the Hurricanes (-106) in the game, which starts at 9:00 PM ET on ESPN+, SNOL, and BSSO.
Oilers vs. Hurricanes Predictions
Oilers vs. Hurricanes Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Oilers vs. Hurricanes Betting Trends
- Last season, the Oilers were 45-22 in games they played as moneyline favorites.
- When playing with moneyline odds of -115 or shorter last season, Edmonton won 68.9% of its games (42-19).
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Oilers have an implied probability of 53.5% to win.
- The Oilers scored the seventh-most goals in the league last season (285 total, 3.5 per game).
- Defensively, the Oilers gave up 251 total goals (3.1 per game) to rank 18th in league play.
- The Hurricanes were an underdog 20 times last season, and upset their opponent in eight, or 40.0%, of those games.
- Carolina had 15 games last season as an underdog by -106 or longer, and went 7-8.
- The win probability for the Hurricanes, implied from the moneyline, is 51.5%.
- With 277 goals (3.4 per game) last season, the Hurricanes had the league’s ninth-best offense.
- The Hurricanes allowed only 2.4 goals per game (200 in total), the fewest in the NHL.
Oilers vs. Hurricanes Over/Under Trends
- Edmonton and its opponent combined to outscore Thursday’s over/under (6.5 goals) 52 times last season.
- Last season, 38 games Carolina played finished with more than 6.5 goals.
- The Oilers scored 3.48 goals per game last season, compared to the Hurricanes’ 3.38, adding up to 0.4 more goals than this contest’s total of 6.5.
- This game’s total is 1.0 more than the 5.5 goals these two teams allowed per game combined.
Oilers Team Leaders 2021-22
- One of Edmonton’s most productive offensive players last season was Connor McDavid, who had 123 points (44 goals, 79 assists) and played an average of 22:03 per game.
- Leon Draisaitl contributed with 110 points (55 goals, 55 assists).
- Zach Hyman scored 27 goals and added 27 assists in 76 games for Edmonton.
- Jack Campbell had a record of 31-9-6. He conceded 123 goals (2.6 goals against average) and recorded 1307 saves with a .914 save percentage (14th in the league).
Hurricanes Team Leaders 2021-22
- Sebastian Aho scored 37 goals (0.5 per game) and collected 44 assists (0.6 per game) last season, fueling the Carolina offense with 81 total points (1.0 per game). He averaged 2.8 shots per game, shooting 16.7%.
- Andrei Svechnikov was a leading scorer for Carolina with 69 total points last season. He scored 30 goals and added 39 assists in 78 games.
- Carolina’s Teuvo Teravainen was among the leaders on the team with 65 total points (22 goals and 43 assists).
- Frederik Andersen was 35-14-3 last season, giving up 111 goals (2.2 goals against average) with a .922 save percentage (third-best in the league).
Where To Watch Oilers vs. Hurricanes
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.