Tuesday’s NHL matchup between the Vancouver Canucks (0-3-0) and the Columbus Blue Jackets (0-3-0) at Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio is likely to be a competitive outing. The Canucks have -114 moneyline odds to win against the Blue Jackets (-106) in the game, which starts at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN+, SNP, and BSOH.
Canucks vs. Blue Jackets Predictions
Canucks vs. Blue Jackets Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Canucks vs. Blue Jackets Betting Trends
- The Canucks won 57.1% of their games when favored on the moneyline a season ago (16-12).
- In games it played with moneyline odds of -114 or stronger last season, Vancouver put together a 15-12 record (winning 55.6% of its games).
- Based on the moneyline in this game, the Canucks’ implied win probability is 53.3%.
- The Canucks ranked 18th in the NHL last season with 246 goals scored (3.0 per game).
- The Canucks conceded 231 total goals (2.8 per game), the seventh-fewest in league action.
- Last season the Blue Jackets had 25 wins in the 67 games in which they were an underdog.
- Columbus had 64 games last season as an underdog by -106 or longer, and went 24-40.
- The moneyline implies a 51.5% chance of victory for the Blue Jackets.
- The Blue Jackets’ 258 goals last season (3.2 per game) ranked them 14th in the league.
- The Blue Jackets’ total of 297 goals allowed (3.6 per game) was 28th in the league.
Canucks vs. Blue Jackets Over/Under Trends
- Vancouver and its opponent combined for more than Tuesday’s over/under of 6 goals 44 times last season.
- Last season, 57 games Columbus played finished with over 6 goals.
- These two teams combined for 6.2 goals per game last season, 0.15 more than the total for this contest.
- This game’s over/under is 0.4 less than the 6.4 goals these two teams conceded per game combined.
Canucks Team Leaders 2021-22
- A leading offensive player last season for Vancouver, J.T. Miller scored 99 points in 80 games (32 goals and 67 assists).
- In 80 games, Elias Pettersson had 32 goals and 36 assists.
- Quinn Hughes scored eight goals and added 60 assists in 76 games for Vancouver.
- Thatcher Demko (33-22-7) had a goals against average of 2.7 last season, and made 1798 saves. His .915 save percentage ranked 13th in the league.
Blue Jackets Team Leaders 2021-22
- Johnny Gaudreau’s 115 points last season made him an important offensive option for Columbus. He had 40 goals and 75 assists in 82 games.
- Jakub Voracek posted 62 total points (0.8 per game) last season. He had six goals and 56 assists.
- Patrik Laine had 56 points, including 26 goals and 30 assists.
- Elvis Merzlikins had a 27-23-7 record last season, with a .907 save percentage (29th in the league). He conceded 178 goals (3.2 goals against average).
Where To Watch Canucks vs. Blue Jackets
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.