A pair of Big 12 teams meet when the Texas Tech Red Raiders (3-3) face off against the West Virginia Mountaineers (3-3) on Saturday, October 22, 2022 at Jones AT&T Stadium. The Red Raiders are favored by 5 points. The over/under is 68.5 in the contest.
Texas Tech vs. West Virginia Predictions
Texas Tech vs. West Virginia Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Texas Tech vs. West Virginia: Last 3 Games
- In its last three games, Texas Tech has one win against the spread, and is 1-2 overall.
- Texas Tech has hit the over in each of its past three games.
- The Red Raiders and their opponents have combined to score an average of 61.0 points in their last three games, 7.5 less than the 68.5 over/under in this matchup.
- In its last three contests, West Virginia has two wins against the spread, and is 1-2 overall.
- In its past three games, West Virginia has gone over the total once.
- The Mountaineers and their opponents have combined to score an average of 55.3 combined points over their last three games, 13.2 less than the 68.5 over/under in this matchup.
Texas Tech vs. West Virginia Betting Trends
- Texas Tech has covered the spread twice over six games with a set spread.
- In games they have played as 5-point favorites or more, the Red Raiders have a perfect ATS record of 1-0.
- Texas Tech’s games have gone over the total five times this season.
- Texas Tech has been the moneyline favorite just two other times so far this season, and they won both of the games.
- Texas Tech has played as a moneyline favorite of -200 or shorter in only one game this season, which it won.
- West Virginia has covered the spread four times this year (4-2-0).
- West Virginia has an ATS record of 1-1 when playing as at least 5-point underdogs.
- This season, West Virginia games have hit the over four times.
- This season, West Virginia has been the underdog three times and won one of those games.
- West Virginia has a record of 0-1 in games where oddsmakers have them as underdogs of at least +163 on the moneyline.
Texas Tech vs. West Virginia: Over/Under Trends
- Texas Tech and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (68.5 points) times this season.
- This season, of West Virginia’s games have ended with a score higher than 68.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 73.3 points per game, 4.8 points more than the over/under of 68.5 for this matchup.
- These two teams surrender a combined 61.1 points per game, 7.4 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Red Raiders have seen a 60.8 average over/under in their games this season, 7.7 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this contest is 12.7 points more than the average over/under in Mountaineers’ games this season (55.8 points).
Texas Tech Players to Watch
- Donovan Smith leads Texas Tech with 1,476 passing yards (246.0 ypg) on 143-of-215 passing with 11 touchdowns compared to seven interceptions this season. He also adds 91 rushing yards (15.2 ypg) on 66 carries while scoring four touchdowns on the ground.
- The team’s top rusher, SaRodorick Thompson, has carried the ball 64 times for 310 yards (51.7 per game), with two touchdowns this year.
- This season Tahj Brooks has rushed for 217 yards (36.2 per game) on 54 carries with four touchdowns, while also catching 20 passes for 111 yards (18.5 per game) and one touchdown.
- Jerand Bradley’s 317 receiving yards (52.8 yards per game) lead the team. He has 24 receptions with three touchdowns.
- Myles Price has caught 31 passes for 309 yards (51.5 yards per game) and two touchdowns this year.
- Trey Cleveland has hauled in 19 catches for 291 yards (48.5 ypg) this season.
West Virginia Players to Watch
- JT Daniels has 1,482 passing yards (247.0 ypg) to lead West Virginia, completing 64.2% of his passes and recording nine touchdown passes and three interceptions this season.
- Tony Mathis’ team-high 459 rushing yards (76.5 per game) have come on 92 carries, with five touchdowns this year.
- This season CJ Donaldson has taken 56 carries for 389 yards (64.8 per game) and six touchdowns.
- Bryce Ford-Wheaton’s team-leading 463 receiving yards (77.2 yards per game) have come on 40 receptions with four touchdowns.
- Kaden Prather has collected 369 receiving yards (61.5 yards per game) and three touchdowns, hauling in 36 passes this year.
- Sam James’ 23 grabs this season have resulted in 357 yards (59.5 ypg) and two touchdowns.
Where To Watch Texas Tech vs. West Virginia
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.