The Southern Miss Golden Eagles (3-3) will face off against a fellow Sun Belt foe, the Texas State Bobcats (3-4) in a matchup on Saturday, October 22, 2022 at Jim Wacker Field at Bobcat Stadium. The spread foreshadows an evenly-matched game, with the Golden Eagles favored to win by 1.5 points. An over/under of 45 points has been set for the outing.
Southern Miss vs. Texas State Predictions
Southern Miss vs. Texas State Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Southern Miss vs. Texas State: Last 3 Games
- Over its last three contests, Southern Miss has one win against the spread, and is 2-1 overall.
- In Southern Miss’ past three games, it has gone over the total once.
- The Golden Eagles and their opponents have combined to score an average of 48.5 points in their last three games, 3.5 more than the 45 over/under in this matchup.
- In its last three games, Texas State has two wins against the spread, and is 2-1 overall.
- In Texas State’s past three games, it has hit the over twice.
- The Bobcats and their opponents have combined to score an average of 51 combined points in their last three games, six more than the 45 over/under in this matchup.
Southern Miss vs. Texas State Betting Trends
- Southern Miss has put together a 4-2-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 1.5-point favorites or more, the Golden Eagles have an ATS record of 1-1.
- Southern Miss games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under three times this season.
- Southern Miss has been listed as the moneyline favorite just one other time so far this season, a game they won.
- Southern Miss has played as a moneyline favorite of -127 or shorter in just one game this season, which it won.
- Texas State have registered a 4-3-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 1.5-point or bigger underdogs, Texas State owns an ATS record of 2-2.
- This year, Texas State games have hit the over three times.
- Texas State has entered the game as an underdog four times this season and won once.
- Texas State is 1-2 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +105 or more on the moneyline.
Southern Miss vs. Texas State: Over/Under Trends
- This season, Southern Miss games have gone over this game’s 45-point total times.
- This season, of Texas State’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 45 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 48.5 points per game, 3.5 points more than the over/under of 45 for this game.
- The 47.9 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 2.9 more than the 45 over/under in this contest.
- This season, the average total for Golden Eagles games is 49.4 points, 4.4 more than the over/under of 45 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 10 points fewer than the average over/under in Bobcats’ games this season (55 points).
Southern Miss Players to Watch
- Zach Wilcke leads Southern Miss with 792 passing yards (132 ypg) on 72-of-125 passing with six touchdowns compared to six interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Frank Gore Jr., has carried the ball 96 times for 477 yards (79.5 per game), with four touchdowns this year.
- This season Janari Dean has rushed for 84 yards (14 per game) on 26 carries with one touchdown.
- Jason Brownlee’s team-leading 370 receiving yards (61.7 yards per game) have come on 27 receptions with four touchdowns.
- Jakarius Caston has collected 264 receiving yards (44 yards per game) and three touchdowns, reeling in 21 passes this year.
- Tiaquelin Mims’ seven catches have netted him 115 yards (19.2 ypg).
Texas State Players to Watch
- Layne Hatcher has 1,691 passing yards (241.6 ypg) to lead Texas State, completing 62.8% of his passes and tossing 14 touchdown passes and seven interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Lincoln Pare, has carried the ball 87 times for 343 yards (49 per game), with two touchdowns this year. He’s also caught 14 passes for 165 yards (23.6 per game) and one touchdown.
- This season Calvin Hill has rushed for 335 yards (47.9 per game) on 73 carries with one touchdown.
- Ashtyn Hawkins’ team-high 474 receiving yards (67.7 yards per game) have come on 48 receptions with six touchdowns.
- Marcell Barbee has collected 228 receiving yards (32.6 yards per game) and one touchdown, hauling in 18 passes this year.
- Charles Brown’s 15 receptions are good enough for 207 yards (29.6 ypg) and three touchdowns.
Where To Watch Southern Miss vs. Texas State
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.