The Maryland Terrapins (5-2) will meet a fellow Big Ten opponent, the Northwestern Wildcats (1-5) in a matchup on Saturday, October 22, 2022 at Capital One Field at Maryland Stadium. The Wildcats are notable underdogs in this one, with the spread sitting at 13.5 points. The over/under is set at 52.5 in the outing.
Maryland vs. Northwestern Predictions
Maryland vs. Northwestern Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Maryland vs. Northwestern: Last 3 Games
- Maryland has covered the spread once, and is 2-1 overall, in its last three games.
- Maryland has gone over the total twice in its past three games.
- The Terrapins and their opponents have combined to score an average of 59.8 points over their last three games, 7.3 more than the 52.5 over/under in this matchup.
- Northwestern has covered the spread once, and is 2-1 overall, in its last three games.
- In Northwestern’s past three contests, it has hit the over once.
- The Wildcats have averaged a total of 48.3 combined points in their last three games, 4.2 fewer than this matchup’s total of 52.5.
Maryland vs. Northwestern Betting Trends
- Maryland is 4-3-0 against the spread this season.
- The Terrapins are 1-1 ATS when playing as at least 13.5-point favorites.
- Games involving Maryland have hit the over three times this season.
- Maryland has gone 5-1 in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 83.3% of those games).
- Maryland has played as a moneyline favorite of -551 or shorter in just two games this season, and it won both.
- Northwestern has covered the spread in a game two times this season (2-4-0).
- In games it has played as 13.5-point underdogs or more, Northwestern has a perfect ATS record of 1-0.
- This year, Northwestern games have hit the over twice.
- Northwestern has won one of the three games it has played as an underdog this season.
- Northwestern has played as an underdog of +407 or more once this season and lost that game.
Maryland vs. Northwestern: Over/Under Trends
- Maryland and its opponents have combined to exceed Saturday’s total of 52.5 points times this season.
- This season, of Northwestern’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 52.5 points.
- The Terrapins average 34.6 points per game against the Wildcats’ 17.7, amounting to 0.2 points under the game’s total of 52.5.
- This matchup’s point total is 0.7 fewer points than the 51.8 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2022.
- The Terrapins have seen a 64.1 average over/under in their games this season, 11.6 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this matchup is 0.4 points more than the average over/under in Wildcats’ games this season (52.1 points).
Maryland Players to Watch
- Taulia Tagovailoa has thrown for 2,001 yards (285.9 ypg) to lead Maryland, completing 72.5% of his passes and tossing 13 touchdown passes and five interceptions this season. He’s also contributed in the ground game with 77 rushing yards (11.0 ypg) on 40 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- Roman Hemby’s team-high 502 rushing yards (71.7 per game) have come on 81 carries, with four touchdowns this year. He’s also added 24 catches for 225 yards (32.1 per game) and one touchdown.
- This season Antwain Littleton has taken 50 carries for 309 yards (44.1 per game) and six touchdowns.
- Corey Dyches’ team-leading 346 receiving yards (49.4 yards per game) have come on 25 receptions with three touchdowns.
- Jacob Copeland has put up a 313-yard season so far (44.7 receiving yards per game) with two touchdowns, reeling in 20 passes.
- Jeshaun Jones has hauled in 24 catches for 294 yards (42.0 ypg) and two touchdowns this season.
Northwestern Players to Watch
- Ryan Hilinski leads Northwestern with 1,551 passing yards (258.5 ypg) on 139-of-242 passing with six touchdowns compared to six interceptions this season.
- Evan Hull’s team-high 428 rushing yards (71.3 per game) have come on 105 carries, with three touchdowns this year. He’s also added 405 yards (67.5 per game) on 36 catches with one touchdown.
- This season Cam Porter has rushed for 186 yards (31.0 per game) on 56 carries with two touchdowns.
- Malik Washington has collected 376 receiving yards (62.7 yards per game) and one touchdown, reeling in 34 passes this year.
- Donny Navarro’s 24 receptions have netted him 206 yards (34.3 ypg) and two touchdowns.
Where To Watch Maryland vs. Northwestern
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.