The James Madison Dukes (5-1) bring college football’s 18th-ranked rushing attack into a clash versus the Marshall Thundering Herd (3-3), with the No. 2 rushing D, on Saturday, October 22, 2022. The Dukes are heavy, 12.5-point favorites. The over/under in this contest is 54.5 points.
James Madison vs. Marshall Predictions
James Madison vs. Marshall Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
James Madison vs. Marshall: Last 3 Games
- In its last three games, James Madison has two wins against the spread, and is 2-1 overall.
- James Madison’s past three games have gone over the total.
- The Dukes and their opponents have combined to score an average of 58 points over their last three games, 3.5 more than the 54.5 over/under in this matchup.
- Marshall has not covered the spread and is 2-1 overall in its last three games.
- In its past three contests, Marshall has not hit the over.
- The Thundering Herd have averaged a total of 51.2 combined points over their last three games, 3.3 fewer than this game’s total of 54.5.
James Madison vs. Marshall Betting Trends
- James Madison has put together a 5-1-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Dukes have an ATS record of 2-1 when playing as at least 12.5-point favorites.
- James Madison games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under five times this season.
- James Madison has a 3-1 record in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 75% of those games).
- James Madison has played as a moneyline favorite of -512 or shorter in just one game this season, which it won.
- Marshall has covered the spread two times this season (2-4-0).
- In games it has played as 12.5-point underdogs or more, Marshall has a perfect ATS record of 1-0.
- Games involving Marshall has hit the over once this season.
- Marshall won the only game it has played as the underdog this season.
- Marshall is undefeated in two games this season when it is the underdog by +379 or more on the moneyline.
James Madison vs. Marshall: Over/Under Trends
- James Madison and its opponents have combined to exceed Saturday’s over/under of 54.5 points times this season.
- This season, two Marshall games have finished with more combined scoring than Saturday’s total of 54.5.
- The Dukes average 43.2 points per game against the Thundering Herd’s 26.7, totaling 15.4 points over the game’s total of 54.5.
- The 37.3 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 17.2 fewer than the 54.5 over/under in this contest.
- This season, the average total for Dukes games is 57.5 points, three more than the over/under of 54.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 2.7 points more than the average over/under in Thundering Herd’s games this season (51.8 points).
James Madison Players to Watch
- Todd Centeio has been a dual threat to lead James Madison in both passing and rushing. He has 1,775 passing yards (295.8 ypg), completing 63.8% of his passes and collecting 17 touchdown passes and four interceptions this season. He’s rushed for 306 yards (51 ypg) on 61 carries with five rushing touchdowns.
- Percy Agyei-Obese has carried the ball 72 times for a team-high 460 yards (76.7 per game), with four touchdowns this year.
- Kris Thornton’s team-high 652 receiving yards (108.7 yards per game) have come on 38 receptions with five touchdowns.
- Reggie Brown has put together a 346-yard season so far (57.7 receiving yards per game) with three touchdowns, hauling in 22 passes.
- Terrance Greene Jr.’s 11 receptions have yielded 204 yards (34 ypg) and two touchdowns.
Marshall Players to Watch
- Henry Colombi has thrown for 943 yards (157.2 ypg) to lead Marshall, completing 73.2% of his passes and collecting six touchdown passes and four interceptions this season.
- Khalan Laborn has carried the ball 158 times for a team-high 851 yards (141.8 per game), with 10 touchdowns this year.
- This season Ethan Payne has rushed for 133 yards (22.2 per game) on 22 carries with two touchdowns.
- Corey Gammage’s 254 receiving yards (42.3 yards per game) lead the team. He has 23 receptions with three touchdowns.
- Caleb McMillan has hauled in nine passes for 171 yards (28.5 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
- Talik Keaton’s 19 catches this season have resulted in 169 yards (28.2 ypg).
Where To Watch James Madison vs. Marshall
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.