The Houston Cougars (3-3) will face off against a fellow AAC opponent, the Navy Midshipmen (2-4) in a matchup on Saturday, October 22, 2022 at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium. The Cougars are listed as favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 3 points. The over/under is set at 53 in the contest.
Houston vs. Navy Predictions
Houston vs. Navy Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Houston vs. Navy: Last 3 Games
- Houston has covered the spread once, and is 2-1 overall, over its last three games.
- In its past three contests, Houston has hit the over twice.
- The Cougars and their opponents have combined to score an average of 54.2 points in their last three games, 1.2 more than the 53 over/under in this matchup.
- Navy is unbeaten against the spread and 2-1 overall in its last three games.
- In Navy’s past three contests, it has hit the over twice.
- The Midshipmen have averaged a total of 47.2 combined points in their last three games, 5.8 less than this matchup’s over/under of 53.
Houston vs. Navy Betting Trends
- Houston has covered the spread two times over six games with a set spread.
- The Cougars have not covered the spread when they are at least 3-point favorites (0-4).
- This season, five of Houston’s games have gone over the point total.
- Houston has been the moneyline favorite four total times this season. They’ve finished 2-2 in those games.
- In games it has played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -148 or shorter, Houston has a 0-1 record (winning 50% of its games).
- Navy has covered the spread four times this season (4-2-0).
- In games it has played as 3-point or bigger underdogs, Navy has an ATS record of 4-1.
- This year, Navy games have hit the over three times.
- Navy has won two of the five games it has played as an underdog this season.
- Navy has a record of 2-2 in games where sportsbooks have them as underdogs of at least +125 on the moneyline.
Houston vs. Navy: Over/Under Trends
- Houston and its opponents have combined to hit the over on Saturday’s total of 53 points times this season.
- There have been two games featuring Navy this season with more combined scoring than Saturday’s total of 53.
- Together, the two teams combine for 54.6 points per game, 1.6 points more than the total of 53 for this game.
- The 57.9 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 4.9 more than the 53 over/under in this contest.
- On average, the Cougars have seen a 57.4 over/under in their games this season, 4.4 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- A difference of 5.3 points separates this matchup’s over/under (53 points) and the average total points bet in Midshipmen’s games (47.7 points) this season.
Houston Players to Watch
- Clayton Tune has thrown for 1,567 yards (261.2 ypg) to lead Houston, completing 64.7% of his passes and tossing 12 touchdown passes and four interceptions this season. He’s also figured in the ground game with 214 rushing yards (35.7 ypg) on 66 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- Brandon Campbell has carried the ball 67 times for a team-high 296 yards (49.3 per game), with three touchdowns this year.
- This season Ta’Zhawn Henry has rushed for 220 yards (36.7 per game) on 51 carries with two touchdowns, while also hauling in 158 yards (26.3 per game) on 11 catches and one touchdown.
- Nathaniel Dell’s 534 receiving yards (89.0 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s totaled 43 receptions and six touchdowns.
- Matthew Golden has racked up 233 receiving yards (38.8 yards per game) and two touchdowns, reeling in 17 passes this year.
Navy Players to Watch
- Tai Lavatai has thrown for 662 yards (110.3 ypg) to lead Navy, completing 46.8% of his passes and tossing four touchdown passes and one interception this season. He’s also contributed in the ground game with 267 rushing yards (44.5 ypg) on 94 carries with five rushing touchdowns.
- Dabe Fofana has carried the ball 88 times for a team-high 336 yards (56.0 per game), with three touchdowns this year.
- This season Maquel Haywood has rushed for 298 yards (49.7 per game) on 49 carries, while also catching six passes for 92 yards (15.3 per game).
- Vincent Terrell II’s 170 receiving yards (28.3 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s totaled six receptions and two touchdowns.
- Jayden Umbarger has racked up 169 receiving yards (28.2 yards per game) and one touchdown, reeling in 13 passes this year.
- Mark Walker’s eight receptions have yielded 153 yards (25.5 ypg).
Where To Watch Houston vs. Navy
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.