The BYU Cougars (4-3) will meet a fellow FBS Independent opponent, the Liberty Flames (6-1) in a matchup on Saturday, October 22, 2022 at Williams Stadium. The Cougars are listed as favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 4.5 points. An over/under of 57.5 points has been set for the contest.
BYU vs. Liberty Predictions
BYU vs. Liberty Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
BYU vs. Liberty: Last 3 Games
- BYU has no wins against the spread and is 1-2 overall over its past three games.
- In its past three contests, BYU has hit the over twice.
- The Cougars and their opponents have combined to score an average of 59.2 points over their last three games, 1.7 more than the 57.5 over/under in this matchup.
- Liberty has covered the spread once, and is 1-2 overall, over its past three games.
- In its past three games, Liberty has hit the over twice.
- The Flames have averaged a total of 49.5 combined points in their last three games, eight less than this matchup’s over/under of 57.5.
BYU vs. Liberty Betting Trends
- BYU has covered the spread in a game two times this season (2-5-0).
- In games they have played as 4.5-point favorites or more, the Cougars have an ATS record of 1-2.
- This season, five of BYU’s games have gone over the point total.
- BYU has won 80% of the games this season when it was the moneyline favorite (4-1).
- BYU has played three times as a moneyline favorite with odds of -208 or shorter, and earned a victory in each game.
- Liberty is 3-4-0 against the spread this year.
- Liberty has a perfect 2-0 ATS record when playing as at least 4.5-point underdogs.
- This season, Liberty games have hit the over four times.
- Liberty has split the two games it has played as underdogs this season.
- Liberty has a record of 0-0 in games where oddsmakers have them as underdogs of at least +170 on the moneyline.
BYU vs. Liberty: Over/Under Trends
- This season, BYU games have seen a combined score higher than this matchup’s 57.5-point total times.
- This season, of Liberty’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 57.5 points.
- The Cougars average 32.4 points per game against the Flames’ 29.7, amounting to 4.6 points over the game’s point total of 57.5.
- These two teams give up a combined 52.9 points per game, 4.6 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the over/under in Cougars games is 0.5 points fewer than the over/under of 57.5 points in this matchup.
- Flames games have an over/under of 52.2 points this season, 5.3 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
BYU Players to Watch
- Jaren Hall leads BYU with 1,914 passing yards (273.4 ypg) on 155-of-229 passing with 17 touchdowns compared to three interceptions this season. He also adds 100 rushing yards (14.3 ypg) on 45 carries.
- Christopher Brown Jr. has carried the ball 73 times for a team-high 433 yards (61.9 per game), with five touchdowns this year.
- This season Miles Davis has piled up 24 carries for 167 yards (23.9 per game).
- Kody Epps’ 423 receiving yards (60.4 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s collected 34 receptions and six touchdowns.
- Keanu Hill has put up a 395-yard season so far (56.4 receiving yards per game) with four touchdowns, reeling in 21 passes.
- Chase Roberts’ 16 grabs have netted him 229 yards (32.7 ypg) and one touchdown.
Liberty Players to Watch
- Kaidon Salter has thrown for 776 yards (110.9 ypg) to lead Liberty, completing 54.9% of his passes and tossing six touchdown passes and five interceptions this season. He’s also contributed in the ground game with 211 rushing yards (30.1 ypg) on 41 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- The team’s top rusher, Dae Dae Hunter, has carried the ball 97 times for 608 yards (86.9 per game), with seven touchdowns this year. He’s also caught 13 passes for 116 yards (16.6 per game) and one touchdown.
- This season Shedro Louis has collected 298 yards (42.6 per game) on 69 carries with five touchdowns.
- Demario Douglas’ 546 receiving yards (78 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s totaled 34 receptions and five touchdowns.
- Noah Frith has put together a 235-yard season so far (33.6 receiving yards per game), hauling in 11 passes.
- CJ Yarbrough’s 12 catches have turned into 197 yards (28.1 ypg) and one touchdown.
Where To Watch BYU vs. Liberty
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.