The Pittsburgh Steelers (1-4) are 8-point underdogs as they aim to stop their four-game losing streak in a matchup with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-2) on Sunday, October 16, 2022 at Acrisure Stadium. The total for this game has been set at 43.5 points.
Buccaneers vs. Steelers Predictions
Buccaneers vs. Steelers Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Buccaneers and Steelers: Last Three Games
- The Buccaneers have not covered a spread (0-3) while going 1-2 overall during their past three contests.
- One time in those three games, the final combined score surpassed the set total.
- The last three Buccaneers games averaged 45 total points, 1.5 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Steelers have not covered a spread (0-3) while going 1-2 overall in their past three games.
- The final combined score of the past three Steelers games has surpassed the set total two times.
- The last three Steelers games averaged 41.2 total points, 2.3 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
Buccaneers and Steelers: Betting Trends
- The Buccaneers have gone 2-3-0 against the spread this season.
- The Buccaneers have not covered a spread when they are at least 8-point favorites (0-1).
- Buccaneers games have gone over the total once this season.
- The Buccaneers have a 3-2 record in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 60% of those games).
- The Buccaneers have played as a moneyline favorite of -381 or shorter in just one game this season, which they won.
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Buccaneers have an implied win probability of 79.2%.
- The Steelers have covered the spread one time over five games with a set spread.
- The Steelers are winless against the spread when they are 8-point underdogs or more (0-1).
- This season, Steelers games have hit the over twice.
- This season, the Steelers have been the underdog four times and won one of those games.
- The Steelers have played as an underdog of +302 or more once this season and lost that game.
- The Buccaneers and their opponents have combined to go over Sunday’s total of 43.5 points just once this season.
- This season, two Steelers games have finished with more combined scoring than Sunday’s over/under of 43.5.
- Together, the two teams combine for 36 points per game, 7.5 points fewer than the over/under of 43.5 for this game.
- These two teams give up a combined 42.2 points per game, 1.3 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the Buccaneers have seen a 45.7 over/under in their games this season, 2.2 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 1.9 points more than the average over/under in Steelers’ games this season (41.6 points).
Buccaneers Players to Watch
- Tom Brady is the 18th-best fantasy player overall this season and the 12th-best fantasy QB with 79.7 fantasy points (15.9 per game).
- Leonard Fournette’s 65.4 total fantasy points (an average of 13.1 per game), are good enough to place him 30th overall and seventh among RBs.
- Mike Evans is 63rd overall and 12th among WRs with 49.6 fantasy points (averaging 12.4 per game) so far this season.
- Russell Gage is working on the 168th-ranked fantasy season (65th among WRs) with 21.2 fantasy points, averaging 4.2 per game.
Steelers Players to Watch
- So far this season, Mitchell Trubisky is 89th overall among all players and 31st among all QBs with 40.5 fantasy points (10.1 per game).
- Najee Harris has totaled 38.6 fantasy points this year (7.7 per game), enough to place him 29th among RBs and 95th overall in league-wide fantasy standings.
- Pat Freiermuth’s 29.5 total fantasy points make him the No. 128 fantasy player and No. 10 TE. He averages 5.9 fantasy points per game.
- Diontae Johnson’s fantasy season so far has him ranked 48th among WRs and 132nd overall with 27.8 points (5.6 per game).
Where To Watch Buccaneers vs. Steelers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NFL predictions? Go here for all of our free NFL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.