The Miami Hurricanes (2-3) will play their ACC-rival, the Virginia Tech Hokies (2-4) in a matchup on Saturday, October 15, 2022 at Lane Stadium. The Hurricanes are significant favorites in this one, with the spread posted at 7.5 points. The over/under for the outing is 47.5 points.
Miami vs. Virginia Tech Predictions
Miami vs. Virginia Tech Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Miami vs. Virginia Tech: Last 3 Games
- Miami has not covered the spread and is 0-3 overall over its past three contests.
- In Miami’s past three games, it has gone over the total once.
- The Hurricanes total over the last three games is 7.7 points more than the 47.5 total given for this matchup.
- Virginia Tech has no wins against the spread and is 0-3 overall over its past three contests.
- In Virginia Tech’s past three games, it has gone over the total once.
- The Hokies have averaged a total of 49.8 combined points in their last three games, 2.3 greater than this game’s over/under of 47.5.
Miami vs. Virginia Tech Betting Trends
- Miami has covered the spread once over five games with a set spread.
- The Hurricanes are 1-2 ATS when playing as at least 7.5-point favorites.
- Games involving Miami have hit the over twice this season.
- Miami has won 33.3% of the games this season when it was the moneyline favorite (1-2).
- Miami has played as a moneyline favorite of -304 or shorter in just two games this season, and it split 1-1.
- Virginia Tech has covered the spread one time this season (1-5-0).
- Virginia Tech has not covered a spread when it is at least 7.5-point underdogs (0-2).
- This year, Virginia Tech games have hit the over just once.
- Virginia Tech has been listed as the underdog three times this season and has failed to win any of those games.
- Virginia Tech has been at least a +242 moneyline underdog two times this season, but lost all of those games.
Miami vs. Virginia Tech: Over/Under Trends
- Miami and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s total (47.5 points) times this season.
- This season, two Virginia Tech games have ended with more combined scoring than Saturday’s over/under of 47.5.
- The total for the game of 47.5 is 5.3 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Hurricanes (32.8 points per game) and the Hokies (20.0 points per game).
- These two teams give up a combined 47.8 points per game, 0.3 more than this contest’s over/under.
- This season, the average total for Hurricanes games is 55.3 points, 7.8 more than the over/under of 47.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 0.5 points separates the average total points bet in Hokies’ games (48.0 points) and this contest’s over/under (47.5 points).
Miami Players to Watch
- Tyler Van Dyke has thrown for 1,303 yards (260.6 ypg) to lead Miami, completing 64.2% of his passes and recording seven touchdown passes and four interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Henry Parrish Jr., has carried the ball 78 times for 375 yards (75.0 per game), with four touchdowns this year. He’s also caught 14 passes for 95 yards (19.0 per game) and two touchdowns.
- This season Thaddius Franklin Jr. has rushed for 170 yards (34.0 per game) on 40 carries with five touchdowns.
- Will Mallory’s team-leading 242 receiving yards (48.4 yards per game) have come on 20 receptions.
- Keyshawn Smith has put together a 192-yard season so far (38.4 receiving yards per game) with two touchdowns, hauling in 12 passes.
- Michael Redding III’s 14 grabs have yielded 183 yards (36.6 ypg) and one touchdown.
Virginia Tech Players to Watch
- Grant Wells leads Virginia Tech with 1,256 passing yards (209.3 ypg) on 120-of-204 passing with six touchdowns compared to seven interceptions this season. He also adds 113 rushing yards (18.8 ypg) on 41 carries while scoring two touchdowns on the ground.
- The team’s top rusher, Keshawn King, has carried the ball 43 times for 257 yards (42.8 per game), with two touchdowns this year.
- This season Jalen Holston has piled up 152 yards (25.3 per game) on 48 attempts with two touchdowns.
- Kaleb Smith’s 402 receiving yards (67.0 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s totaled 25 receptions and two touchdowns.
- Nick Gallo has hauled in 19 passes for 138 yards (23.0 yards per game) this year.
- Da’Wain Lofton’s 12 catches have yielded 119 yards (19.8 ypg) and one touchdown.
Where To Watch Miami vs. Virginia Tech
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.