The New York Mets and San Diego Padres play for Game 2 of the NL Wild Card Series at Citi Field, Saturday at 7:37 PM ET. The Padres have a 1-0 series lead as they aim to advance to the NLDS.
The Mets are a home favorite (-137) against the Padres (+139). The New York Mets will give the start to Jacob deGrom (5-4, 3.08 ERA), who is looking for win No. 6 on the season, and the Padres will turn to Blake Snell (8-10, 3.45 ERA). The matchup has an over/under of 6 total runs.
Mets vs. Padres Predictions
Mets vs. Padres Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Mets vs. Padres Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- New York was the moneyline favorite in nine of its last 10 games, and went 5-4 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups — all had a set run total — the Mets and their opponents combined to go over the total seven times.
- New York’s ATS record is 4-6-0 over its past 10 games.
- San Diego has played as the underdog in three of its past 10 games and has gone 1-2 in those contests.
- The Padres and their opponents have combined to hit the over four times in their last 10 games with a total.
- San Diego is 5-5-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Mets vs. Padres Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Jacob deGrom
- When deGrom starts, the Mets are 4-7-0 against the spread.
- The Mets have been favored on the moneyline in 11 of deGrom’s starts this season, and they went 6-5 in those games.
- deGrom’s team has put together a 6-5 record over his 11 starts.
- deGrom’s starts hit the over on the run total four times in 11 games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Blake Snell
- Snell and his team have a record of 8-17-0 against the spread when he starts.
- His team is 1-5 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Snell’s team is 10-15 when he starts this season.
- In games Snell has started this season, the teams are 9-16-0 at hitting the over.
Mets Batting Leaders
- Pete Alonso leads the Mets in home runs (40) and runs batted in (131).
- Among all hitters in baseball, Alonso’s home run total ranks third and his RBI tally ranks first.
- Alonso has safely hit in six straight games. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .361 with a double, three home runs, five walks and 10 RBI.
- Francisco Lindor is hitting .270 with 25 doubles, five triples, 26 home runs and 59 walks.
- Lindor ranks 39th in home runs among hitters in MLB action and fifth in RBI.
- Brandon Nimmo has 30 doubles, seven triples, 16 home runs and 71 walks while hitting .274.
- Nimmo brings a six-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 outings he is batting .410 with two doubles, a triple, two home runs, four walks and eight RBI.
- Jeff McNeil’s .326 batting average leads his team.
- McNeil has safely hit in 11 straight games. In his last nine outings he is batting .432 with a double, two home runs, three walks and three RBI.
Padres Batting Leaders
- Manny Machado leads San Diego in batting average (.298), home runs (32) and runs batted in (102) this season.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Machado ranks 15th in homers and ninth in RBI.
- Machado takes a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .368 with a double, two home runs and three RBI.
- Juan Soto has collected 127 hits this season and has an OBP of .401. He’s slugging .452 on the year.
- Soto ranks 31st overall in homers and 97th in RBI this season.
- Josh Bell is slashing .266/.362/.422 this season for the Padres.
- Jake Cronenworth has collected 141 hits this season and has an OBP of .333. He’s slugging .394 on the year.
Where To Watch Mets vs. Padres
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.