The Philadelphia Phillies hit the road for Game 2 of the NL Wild Card Series versus the St. Louis Cardinals, Saturday at 8:37 PM ET. The Phillies lead the series 1-0 as they try to advance to the NLDS.
Oddsmakers project the Phillies as a tight favorite (-117 moneyline odds to win) against the Cardinals (-102). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Philadelphia Phillies looking to Aaron Nola (11-13), and Miles Mikolas (12-13) answering the bell for the St. Louis Cardinals. The total for this game is set at 6.5.
Phillies vs. Cardinals Predictions
Phillies vs. Cardinals Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Phillies vs. Cardinals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Philadelphia was the moneyline favorite for seven of its last 10 games, and finished 4-3 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups (11 had set totals), the Phillies combined with their opponents to hit the over on the total six times.
- Philadelphia’s ATS record is 7-4-0 over its past 10 games.
- St. Louis has played as the underdog three times over its past 10 games and lost each of those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Cardinals and their opponents are 5-5-0 in their last 10 games with a total.
- St. Louis has two wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Phillies vs. Cardinals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Aaron Nola
- The Phillies have gone 13-19-0 against the spread when Nola starts.
- The Phillies have been the moneyline favorite in 26 of Nola’s starts this season, and they went 14-12 in those games.
- Nola’s team has a 15-17 record over his 32 starts.
- Nola has had 32 starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and 16 of those matchups hit the over.
Projected starter: Miles Mikolas
- Mikolas’ team is 19-14-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- His team has been victorious in 45.5% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 5-6.
- Mikolas’ team is 18-14 when he starts this season.
- Games Mikolas has started this season hit the over 13 times in 33 chances.
Phillies Batting Leaders
- Kyle Schwarber leads the Phillies in home runs (46) and runs batted in (94).
- Schwarber’s home runs rank second in MLB and he ranks 19th in RBI in MLB.
- J.T. Realmuto is batting .274 with 26 doubles, five triples, 22 home runs and 41 walks.
- Realmuto ranks 55th in homers and 33rd in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Realmuto heads into this game on a six-game hitting streak. During his last 10 games he is batting .270 with two doubles, a home run and three RBI.
- Rhys Hoskins is batting .246 with 33 doubles, two triples, 30 home runs and 72 walks.
- Alec Bohm is batting .278 to pace his team.
Cardinals Batting Leaders
- Paul Goldschmidt leads St. Louis in home runs with 35, runs batted in with 115 and his batting average of .317 is also best on his team.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Goldschmidt is eighth in homers and fourth in RBI.
- Nolan Arenado has collected 163 hits this season and has an OBP of .358. He’s slugging .533 on the year.
- Arenado is 21st in home runs and seventh in RBI among all batters in the big leagues.
- Arenado brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .267 with a double, a walk and three RBI.
- Tommy Edman has collected 153 base hits, an OBP of .324 and a slugging percentage of .400 this season.
- Edman enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .429 with two doubles, three walks and an RBI.
- Albert Pujols has collected 83 hits this season and has an OBP of .345. He’s slugging .550 on the year.
Where To Watch Phillies vs. Cardinals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.