The St. Louis Cardinals (92-68) will look to Albert Pujols, riding a two-game homer streak, versus the Pittsburgh Pirates (61-99) at 6:35 PM ET on Tuesday, at PNC Park.
The Cardinals (-116 on the moneyline) and the Pirates (-103) will take the field in an expected close matchup. The Cardinals will start Dakota Hudson (8-7) against the Pirates and JT Brubaker. The contest has an over/under of 7.5.
Cardinals vs. Pirates Predictions
Cardinals vs. Pirates Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Cardinals vs. Pirates Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- St. Louis was favored on the moneyline for five of its last 10 games, and went 3-2 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Cardinals and their opponents combined to hit the over five times.
- St. Louis’ ATS record is 4-6-0 over its past 10 games.
- In four games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by oddsmakers, Pittsburgh has a record of 2-2.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Pirates and their opponents are 5-5-0 when it comes to hitting the over.
- Pittsburgh has won six of its last 10 games against the spread.
Cardinals vs. Pirates Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Dakota Hudson
- The Cardinals have a 14-11-0 record against the spread in Hudson’s starts.
- The Cardinals have a 5-7 record in Hudson’s 12 starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- Hudson’s team has compiled a 12-13 record in his 25 starts.
- Hudson has started 25 contests with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 12 of them.
Projected starter: JT Brubaker
- The righty did not pitch as the moneyline underdog in any games last season.
Cardinals Batting Leaders
- Paul Goldschmidt leads the Cardinals in home runs (35), runs batted in (114) and has a team-best batting average of .319.
- In baseball, Goldschmidt ranks eighth in home runs and fourth in RBI.
- Nolan Arenado is batting .292 with 42 doubles, a triple, 30 home runs and 52 walks.
- Arenado ranks 20th in home runs and seventh in RBI this season.
- Tommy Edman is hitting .262 with 30 doubles, four triples, 13 home runs and 46 walks.
- Pujols is hitting .269 with 14 doubles, 24 home runs and 28 walks.
- Pujols enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .385 with a double, three home runs, three walks and eight RBI.
Pirates Batting Leaders
- Bryan Reynolds leads Pittsburgh in batting average (.260), home runs (27) and runs batted in (62) this season.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Reynolds is 30th in home runs and 92nd in RBI.
- Reynolds heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .150 with a double, a home run and two RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has 121 hits and an OBP of .313 to go with a slugging percentage of .345 this season.
- Hayes is 242nd in home runs and 206th in RBI among all major league hitters this year.
- Ben Gamel is slashing .232/.325/.372 this season for the Pirates.
- Gamel takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .273 with a double, a home run, three walks and three RBI.
- Oneil Cruz is batting .230 with an OBP of .291 and a slugging percentage of .453 this season.
Where To Watch Cardinals vs. Pirates
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.