The New England Patriots (1-3) are less than a touchdown favorite (-3) on Sunday, October 9, 2022 against the Detroit Lions (1-3). The game has an over/under of 46.5 points.
Patriots vs. Lions Predictions
Patriots vs. Lions Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Patriots and Lions: Last Three Games
- The Patriots are 1-1-1 against the spread in their past three games, and have a 1-2 straight-up record in those contests.
- In two of those three games, the final combined score has gone over the set total.
- The last three Patriots games averaged 41.7 total points, 4.8 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- The Lions are 2-1 against the spread and 1-2 overall during their past three matchups.
- The final combined score of the last three Lions games has surpassed the set total every time.
- The past three Lions games averaged 2.8 more points (49.3) than this matchup’s point total.
Patriots and Lions: Betting Trends
- The Patriots have covered the spread one time this season (1-2-1).
- The Patriots have not covered the spread when they are at least 3-point favorites (0-0-1).
- Games involving the Patriots have hit the over twice this season.
- The Patriots have been the moneyline favorite just one other time so far this season, a game they won.
- The Patriots have not played a game this season with moneyline odds of -157 or shorter.
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Patriots have an implied win probability of 61.1%.
- The Lions have covered the spread three times this season (3-1-0).
- In games they have played as 3-point underdogs or more, the Lions have a perfect ATS record of 2-0.
- This year, each Lions game has hit the over.
- The Lions have entered the game as underdogs three times this season and won once.
- The Lions have been at least a +132 moneyline underdog two times this season, but lost all of those games.
- The Patriots and their opponents have combined to outscore Sunday’s total of 46.5 points twice this season.
- Every game featuring the Lions this season has finished with more combined scoring than Sunday’s point total of 46.5.
- Together, the two teams combine for 53.5 points per game, seven points more than the total of 46.5 for this matchup.
- This game’s over/under is 13.3 fewer points than the 59.8 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2022.
- This season the average total for Patriots games is 42.9 points, 3.6 fewer than the over/under of 46.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 2.6 points fewer than the average over/under in Lions’ games this season (49.1 points).
Patriots Players to Watch
- Damien Harris is the 51st-best fantasy player overall this season and the 15th-best fantasy RB with 45.5 fantasy points (11.4 per game).
- Mac Jones has collected 37.1 fantasy points this year (12.4 per game), good enough to rank him 77th overall and 30th among QBs in league-wide fantasy standings.
- So far this season, Rhamondre Stevenson’s 32.8 total fantasy points make him the No. 94 fantasy player and No. 28 RB. He averages 8.2 fantasy points per game.
- DeVante Parker is working on the 119th-ranked fantasy season (44th among WRs) with 24.9 fantasy points, averaging 6.2 per game.
Lions Players to Watch
- So far this season, Jared Goff is the fifth-best fantasy player overall this season and the fifth-best fantasy QB with 90.6 fantasy points (22.7 per game).
- Jamaal Williams’ 66.6 total fantasy points (an average of 16.7 per game), are enough to rank him third among RBs and 14th overall.
- Amon-Ra St. Brown averages 16.7 fantasy points per game on the way to 50.1 total fantasy points. That makes him the 43rd-ranked fantasy player overall and the seventh-ranked WR.
- T.J. Hockenson’s fantasy season so far has him ranked third among TEs and 54th overall with 44.1 points (11 per game).
Where To Watch Patriots vs. Lions
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NFL predictions? Go here for all of our free NFL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.