The Houston Texans (0-3-1) are touchdown underdogs as they look to end their three-game losing streak in a matchup with the Jacksonville Jaguars (2-2) on Sunday, October 9, 2022 at TIAA Bank Field. This matchup has an over/under of 44.5 points.
Jaguars vs. Texans Predictions
Jaguars vs. Texans Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Jaguars and Texans: Last Three Games
- The Jaguars have covered the spread twice in their past three matchups while putting up a 2-1 record straight-up in those games.
- The final combined score of the past three Jaguars games has gone over the set total twice.
- The last three Jaguars games averaged 44.5 total points, the same as this matchup’s over/under.
- The Texans are 1-1-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall during their past three contests.
- The final combined score of the past three Texans games has exceeded the set total twice.
- The last three Texans games averaged 43.5 total points, one fewer point than this matchup’s point total.
Jaguars and Texans: Betting Trends
- The Jaguars have covered the spread two times this season (2-2-0).
- This season, three Jaguars games have gone over the point total.
- The Jaguars are playing as the moneyline favorite in their first game this season.
- The Jaguars have never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -332 or shorter.
- The implied moneyline probability in this matchup gives the Jaguars a 76.9% chance to win.
- The Texans have covered the spread in a game two times this season (2-1-1).
- The Texans have a perfect 2-0 ATS record when playing as at least 7-point underdogs.
- This season, Texans games have hit the over twice.
- The Texans have been listed as the underdog four times this season and have failed to win any of those games.
- This season, the Texans have been at least a +257 underdog on the moneyline two times, losing each of those contests.
- The Jaguars and their opponents have combined to outscore Sunday’s total (44.5 points) three times this season.
- This season, just one Texans game has finished with more combined scoring than Sunday’s total of 44.5.
- The Jaguars average 26.3 points per game against the Texans’ 18.3, totaling 0.1 points over the game’s total of 44.5.
- This game’s point total is 4.4 fewer points than the 40.1 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2022.
- On average, the over/under in Jaguars games is 0.4 points fewer than the over/under of 44.5 points in this contest.
- Texans games have an over/under of 44 points this season, 0.5 points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
Jaguars Players to Watch
- Trevor Lawrence is the 19th-best fantasy player overall this season and the 15th-best fantasy QB with 62.7 fantasy points (15.7 per game).
- James Robinson has put up total 53.2 fantasy points this year (13.3 per game), which make him the 33rd-ranked player overall and the 10th-ranked RB.
- Christian Kirk is 38th overall and sixth among WRs with 51 fantasy points (averaging 12.8 per game) so far this season.
- Zay Jones is the 125th-ranked fantasy player — and the 46th-ranked WR — with 23.3 fantasy points. He averages 7.8 fantasy points per game.
Texans Players to Watch
- So far this season, Dameon Pierce is the 45th-best fantasy player overall this season and the 14th-best fantasy RB with 47.6 fantasy points (11.9 per game).
- Davis Mills has recorded 46.3 fantasy points this year (11.6 per game), good enough to place him 24th among QBs and 48th overall in league-wide fantasy standings.
- Brandin Cooks’ 27.5 total fantasy points make him the No. 113 fantasy player and No. 42 WR. He averages 6.9 fantasy points per game.
- Rex Burkhead is the 139th-ranked fantasy player — and the 40th-ranked RB — with 20.8 fantasy points (5.2 per game).
Where To Watch Jaguars vs. Texans
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NFL predictions? Go here for all of our free NFL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.