The No. 8 Tennessee Volunteers (4-0) will have their second-ranked scoring attack on display versus the No. 25 LSU Tigers (4-1), with the No. 34 scoring defense in college football, on Saturday, October 8, 2022. The Volunteers are favored by 3.5 points. The over/under for the outing is 62 points.
Tennessee vs. LSU Predictions
Tennessee vs. LSU Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Tennessee vs. LSU: Last 3 Games
- Tennessee has covered the spread twice, and is 3-0 overall, over its last three games.
- In Tennessee’s past three contests, it has gone over the total twice.
- The Volunteers and their opponents have combined to score an average of 65.3 points over their last three games, 3.3 more than the 62 over/under in this matchup.
- Over its past three contests, LSU has two wins against the spread, and is 3-0 overall.
- LSU’s past three contests have not hit the over.
- The Tigers and their opponents have combined to score an average of 47.3 combined points in their last three games, 14.7 less than the 62 over/under in this matchup.
Tennessee vs. LSU Betting Trends
- Tennessee has compiled a 3-1-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games this season when favored by 3.5 points or more, the Volunteers are 3-1 against the spread.
- Tennessee games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under three times this season.
- Tennessee has yet to lose as the moneyline favorite this season, going 4-0.
- Tennessee has played four times as a moneyline favorite with odds of -168 or shorter, and earned a victory in each game.
- LSU have compiled a 3-2-0 record against the spread this season.
- Games involving LSU has hit the over once this year.
- LSU won the only game it has played as the underdog this season.
- LSU has played as an underdog of +138 or more once this season and won that game.
Tennessee vs. LSU: Over/Under Trends
- Tennessee and its opponents have combined to exceed Saturday’s total of 62 points times this season.
- This season, LSU has played only one game with a combined score over 62 points.
- The Volunteers average 48.5 points per game against the Tigers’ 35.6, totaling 22.1 points over the contest’s total of 62.
- The 33.8 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 28.2 fewer than the 62 total in this contest.
- On average, the Volunteers have seen a 65.6 over/under in their games this season, 3.6 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this game is 11.9 points more than the average over/under in Tigers’ games this season (50.1 points).
Tennessee Players to Watch
- Hendon Hooker has 1,193 passing yards (298.3 ypg) to lead Tennessee, completing 71.7% of his passes and tossing eight touchdown passes this season. He’s also chipped in on the ground with 175 rushing yards (43.8 ypg) on 35 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- Jaylen Wright has carried the ball 55 times for a team-high 256 yards (64.0 per game), with four touchdowns this year.
- This season Jabari Small has piled up 184 yards (46.0 per game) on 44 attempts with four touchdowns.
- Jalin Hyatt’s 325 receiving yards (81.3 yards per game) lead the team. He has 23 receptions with three touchdowns.
- Cedric Tillman has racked up 246 receiving yards (61.5 yards per game) and one touchdown, hauling in 17 passes this year.
- Bru McCoy’s 13 grabs are good enough for 211 yards (52.8 ypg) and two touchdowns.
LSU Players to Watch
- Jayden Daniels has thrown for 915 yards (183.0 ypg) to lead LSU, completing 67.9% of his passes and collecting six touchdown passes this season. He’s also run for 321 yards (64.2 ypg) on 60 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- This season Armoni Goodwin has racked up 198 yards (39.6 per game) on 34 carries with five touchdowns.
- Malik Nabers’ team-high 290 receiving yards (58.0 yards per game) have come on 22 receptions with one touchdown.
- Brian Thomas Jr. has recorded 197 receiving yards (39.4 yards per game) and two touchdowns, hauling in 12 passes this year.
- Jaray Jenkins’ 13 grabs have netted him 126 yards (25.2 ypg) and three touchdowns.
Where To Watch Tennessee vs. LSU
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.