A pair of AAC teams meet when the Memphis Tigers (4-1) face off against the Houston Cougars (2-3) on Friday, October 7, 2022 at the Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium. The Tigers are favored by 2.5 points. The over/under for the contest is 57.5 points.
Memphis vs. Houston Predictions
Memphis vs. Houston Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Memphis vs. Houston: Last 3 Games
- Memphis has covered the spread once, and is 3-0 overall, in its last three games.
- In Memphis’ past three contests, it has hit the over twice.
- The Tigers have averaged a total of 60.8 combined points over their last three games, 3.3 greater than this matchup’s total of 57.5.
- Houston has not covered the spread and is 3-0 overall over its past three games.
- In its past three games, Houston has gone over the total twice.
- The Cougars total over the last three games is 3.2 points fewer than the 57.5 over/under listed for this matchup.
Memphis vs. Houston Betting Trends
- Memphis has covered the spread twice in five games with a set spread.
- In games they have played as 2.5-point favorites or more, the Tigers have an ATS record of 2-2.
- Memphis’ games have gone over the total four times this season.
- Memphis has been the moneyline favorite a total of four times this season, and they’ve won each of those games.
- Memphis has played four times as a moneyline favorite with odds of -134 or shorter, and earned a victory in each game.
- Houston has put together a record of 1-4-0 against the spread this season.
- Houston has a perfect 1-0 ATS record when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- Games involving Houston have hit the over on four occasions this year.
- Houston lost the only game it has played as the underdog this season.
- Houston has played as an underdog of +113 or more once this season and lost that game.
Memphis vs. Houston: Over/Under Trends
- Memphis and its opponents have combined to outscore Friday’s total of 57.5 points times this season.
- In Houston’s five games this season, have finished with more combined scoring than Friday’s point total of 57.5.
- Together, the two teams combine for 65.4 points per game, 7.9 points more than the total of 57.5 for this matchup.
- This game’s over/under is 2.7 fewer points than the 60.2 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2022.
- The over/under for this game, 57.5 points, is the same as the average over/under in Tigers games this season.
- The over/under for this game is 0.1 points more than the average over/under in Cougars’ games this season (57.4 points).
Memphis Players to Watch
- Seth Henigan has 1,276 passing yards (255.2 ypg) to lead Memphis, completing 63.3% of his passes and throwing nine touchdown passes and one interception this season. He’s also chipped in on the ground with 149 rushing yards (29.8 ypg) on 54 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- Brandon Thomas has carried the ball 54 times for a team-high 211 yards (42.2 per game), with six touchdowns this year.
- This season Asa Martin has piled up 191 yards (38.2 per game) on 28 carries with one touchdown, while also grabbing 12 passes for 100 yards (20 per game).
- Gabriel Rogers’ team-high 231 receiving yards (46.2 yards per game) have come on 17 receptions.
- Eddie Lewis has collected 199 receiving yards (39.8 yards per game) and one touchdown, hauling in 14 passes this year.
- Javon Ivory’s 17 receptions have netted him 179 yards (35.8 ypg) and one touchdown.
Houston Players to Watch
- Clayton Tune has thrown for 1,201 yards (240.2 ypg) to lead Houston, completing 65.2% of his passes and tossing nine touchdown passes and three interceptions this season. He’s also contributed in the ground game with 194 rushing yards (38.8 ypg) on 59 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- Brandon Campbell has carried the ball 55 times for a team-high 243 yards (48.6 per game), with three touchdowns this year.
- This season Ta’Zhawn Henry has piled up 51 carries for 220 yards (44 per game) and two touchdowns, while also catching 11 passes for 158 yards (31.6 per game) and one touchdown.
- Nathaniel Dell’s 453 receiving yards (90.6 yards per game) lead the team. He has 33 receptions with five touchdowns.
- Matthew Golden has racked up 178 receiving yards (35.6 yards per game) and two touchdowns, hauling in 13 passes this year.
Where To Watch Memphis vs. Houston
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.