The Liberty Flames (4-1) will face off against the UMass Minutemen (1-4) in FBS Independent action on Saturday, October 8, 2022 at Warren McGuirk Alumni Stadium. The Minutemen are currently heavy, 26-point underdogs. The over/under is set at 50.5 in the outing.
Liberty vs. UMass Predictions
Liberty vs. UMass Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Liberty vs. UMass: Last 3 Games
- Liberty has two wins against the spread, and is 2-1 overall, over its last three games.
- Liberty has gone over the total twice in its past three games.
- The Flames total over the last three games is 4.3 points more than the 50.5 over/under given for this matchup.
- UMass has covered the spread twice, and is 2-1 overall, over its last three contests.
- UMass’ past three contests have not gone over the total.
- The Minutemen total over the last three games is 3.2 points fewer than the 50.5 total given for this matchup.
Liberty vs. UMass Betting Trends
- Liberty has put together a 3-2-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Flames have not covered a spread when they are at least 26-point favorites (0-1).
- This season, three of Liberty’s games have gone over the point total.
- Liberty has won all three of the games it has been listed as the moneyline favorite this season.
- Liberty has played as a moneyline favorite of -4655 or shorter in just one game this season, which it won.
- UMass has put together a record of 2-3-0 against the spread this year.
- UMass has not covered the spread (0-2) when playing as at least 26-point underdogs.
- This season, UMass games have hit the over just once.
- This season, UMass has been listed as the underdog in four games and failed to win any of those contests.
- This season, UMass has been at least a +1583 underdog on the moneyline two times, losing each of those contests.
Liberty vs. UMass: Over/Under Trends
- This season, Liberty games have seen a combined score higher than this matchup’s 50.5-point total times.
- There have been two games featuring UMass this season with more combined scoring than Saturday’s point total of 50.5.
- Together, the two teams combine for 39.6 points per game, 10.9 points fewer than the over/under of 50.5 for this contest.
- This matchup’s point total is 1.9 fewer points than the 52.4 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2022.
- The Flames have seen a 52.9 average over/under in their games this season, 2.4 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 0.5 points separates this contest’s over/under (50.5 points) and the average total points bet in Minutemen’s games (50 points) this season.
Liberty Players to Watch
- Kaidon Salter has 776 passing yards (155.2 ypg) to lead Liberty, completing 54.9% of his passes and throwing six touchdown passes and five interceptions this season. He’s also chipped in on the ground with 211 rushing yards (42.2 ypg) on 41 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- Dae Dae Hunter’s team-high 454 rushing yards (90.8 per game) have come on 71 carries, with five touchdowns this year. He’s also added 11 catches for 91 yards (18.2 per game) and one touchdown.
- This season Shedro Louis has piled up 257 yards (51.4 per game) on 54 attempts with one touchdown.
- Demario Douglas’ 325 receiving yards (65 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s totaled 22 receptions and four touchdowns.
- CJ Yarbrough has put together a 189-yard season so far (37.8 receiving yards per game) with one touchdown, hauling in 11 passes.
- Noah Frith’s six catches have turned into 106 yards (21.2 ypg).
UMass Players to Watch
- Gino Campiotti has thrown for 252 yards (50.4 ypg) to lead UMass, completing 47.8% of his passes and tossing one touchdown pass and five interceptions this season. He’s also run for 360 yards (72 ypg) on 79 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- This season Ellis Merriweather has rushed for 219 yards (43.8 per game) on 56 carries.
- George Johnson’s 144 receiving yards (28.8 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s totaled 13 receptions.
- Cam Sullivan-Brown has caught 11 passes for 119 yards (23.8 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
- Rico Arnold’s four catches this season have resulted in 34 yards (6.8 ypg).
Where To Watch Liberty vs. UMass
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.