The Central Michigan Chippewas (1-4) will face off against their MAC-rival, the Ball State Cardinals (2-3) in a matchup on Saturday, October 8, 2022 at Kelly/Shorts Stadium. The Chippewas are considerable favorites in this one, with the spread posted at 8.5 points. The over/under in this outing is 64 points.
Central Michigan vs. Ball State Predictions
Central Michigan vs. Ball State Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Central Michigan vs. Ball State: Last 3 Games
- Central Michigan has covered the spread once, and is 1-2 overall, in its past three contests.
- Central Michigan has not hit the over in its past three contests.
- The Chippewas average total over the last three games is 5.2 points fewer than the 64 total listed for this matchup.
- Ball State has covered the spread twice, and is 1-2 overall, over its past three contests.
- In its past three contests, Ball State has hit the over once.
- The Cardinals total over the last three games is 4.5 points fewer than the 64 total given for this matchup.
Central Michigan vs. Ball State Betting Trends
- Central Michigan has gone 2-2-1 against the spread this season.
- The Chippewas are winless against the spread when they are 8.5-point favorites or more (0-0-1).
- This season, Central Michigan’s games have hit the over twice.
- Central Michigan has been listed as the moneyline favorite only one other time so far this season, a game they lost.
- Central Michigan has not played a game this season with moneyline odds of -332 or shorter.
- Ball State has covered the spread two times over five games with a set number.
- Ball State is winless against the spread when it’s 8.5-point underdogs or more (0-2).
- Games involving Ball State have hit the over on three occasions this season.
- This season, Ball State has been the underdog four times and won one of those games.
- Ball State has been at least a +255 moneyline underdog two times this season, but lost all of those games.
Central Michigan vs. Ball State: Over/Under Trends
- This season, Central Michigan games have seen a combined score higher than this matchup’s 64-point total just once.
- This season, games Ball State played finished with a combined score over 64 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 55.6 points per game, 8.4 points fewer than the over/under of 64 for this contest.
- The 67 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 3.0 more than the 64 over/under in this contest.
- On average, the over/under in Chippewas games is 5.6 points fewer than the over/under of 64 points in this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 4.7 points more than the average over/under in Cardinals’ games this season (59.3 points).
Central Michigan Players to Watch
- Daniel Richardson has 1,366 passing yards (273.2 ypg) to lead Central Michigan, completing 57.1% of his passes and throwing 11 touchdown passes and four interceptions this season.
- Lew Nichols has carried the ball 102 times for a team-high 357 yards (71.4 per game), with five touchdowns this year. He’s also tacked on 19 catches for 119 yards (23.8 per game).
- This season Myles Bailey has piled up 111 yards (22.2 per game) on 19 carries.
- Carlos Carriere’s 309 receiving yards (61.8 yards per game) lead the team. He has 27 receptions with one touchdown.
- Joel Wilson has caught 25 passes for 267 yards (53.4 yards per game) and four touchdowns this year.
- Jalen McGaughy’s 13 catches are good enough for 220 yards (44.0 ypg) and two touchdowns.
Ball State Players to Watch
- John Paddock leads Ball State with 1,518 passing yards (303.6 ypg) on 150-of-232 passing with 11 touchdowns compared to six interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Carson Steele, has carried the ball 109 times for 521 yards (104.2 per game), with five touchdowns this year.
- This season Vaughn Pemberton has rushed for 64 yards (12.8 per game) on 18 carries.
- Jayshon Jackson’s 447 receiving yards (89.4 yards per game) lead the team. He has 38 receptions with two touchdowns.
- Yo’Heinz Tyler has recorded 277 receiving yards (55.4 yards per game) and one touchdown, reeling in 30 passes this year.
- Tanner Koziol’s 20 grabs have yielded 225 yards (45.0 ypg) and five touchdowns.
Where To Watch Central Michigan vs. Ball State
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.